Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, but the included EVSE looks to be a version of the corded Mobile Connector, not the UMC... I wonder if a service center would trade an included corded MC + $30 for a UMC bundle at delivery. If not, then I guess I'll have to buy a UMC bundle and sell the included corded MC.

How do you charge with a standard plug or dryer outlet with that UMC?
Like I said above, it looks to be the corded MC, not the UMC... which means it doesn't have interchangeable plugs. You could get aftermarket adapters and then set the car to charge at lower current, but the EVSE is still advertising the incorrect max current, which I don't like.

Like I said above, it looks to be the corded MC, not the UMC... which means it doesn't have interchangeable plugs. You could get aftermarket adapters and then set the car to charge at lower current, but the EVSE is still advertising the incorrect max current, which I don't like.
Seems kind of odd that they would not include the adapter for atl east charging in regular wall outlet assuming that is in fact is the cable that comes with the 3. Do they expect you to buy an additional cable for travel?

Seems kind of odd that they would not include the adapter for atl east charging in regular wall outlet assuming that is in fact is the cable that comes with the 3. Do they expect you to buy an additional cable for travel?

They do. From the Press Kit | Tesla
Standard Accessories

• 240 volt NEMA 14-50 adapter
  • 120 volt NEMA 5-15 adapter
  • J1772 public charging adapter
  • 20 foot mobile connector with storage bag
Of course that doesn't mean it is the same UMC/adapter as comes with the S&X.

Reactions: boaterva and JeffK
They do. From the Press Kit | Tesla
Standard Accessories

• 240 volt NEMA 14-50 adapter
  • 120 volt NEMA 5-15 adapter
  • J1772 public charging adapter
  • 20 foot mobile connector with storage bag
Of course that doesn't mean it is the same UMC/adapter as comes with the S&X.
That list from the press kit implies that they will be including the actual UMC with the Model 3... not sure why Steve is using/has the corded MC.

Yes, I know... I'm just trying to figure out why the press kit seems to indicate the 3 comes with the standard UMC bundle, yet it looks as though Steve was given a corded MC instead.
That is what I am trying to figure out exactly. I cannot figure out how adapters work with that corded MC as I only have a 30 amp plug available.

Yeah, but the included EVSE looks to be a version of the corded Mobile Connector, not the UMC... I wonder if a service center would trade an included corded MC + $30 for a UMC bundle at delivery. If not, then I guess I'll have to buy a UMC bundle and sell the included corded MC.
The guy also has a MS. Perhaps he bought a corded MC to keep in the garage and leaves the UMCs in the trunks of both cars.

Reactions: boaterva