Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• note.PNG
    note.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: IthilDuath
Price increased by another $500 on model Y yesterday. So now NJ rebate in its current form is going to kill the wait and watch approach. Folks who will book without the knowledge is these recent price increases will think they landed some kind of rebate while it is not
Ordered MY on 6/9 with the price increase the next day; pure happenstance on timing but I've wondered the same whether the price will increase again eating into any incentive for future buyers.

Reactions: 1cruise@atime
to those ordering now, are you taking a chance that July 1 applies to delivery/acceptance of the vehicle vs order date?
That's the risk / gamble I took ... hoping there will be enough wiggle room in the final incentive language that allows for delivery acceptance, registration, etc. My model Y is scheduled for delivery 8/9-8/29 and I'm presuming NJ will have their act together by then. If they take a hard-stance on order date, I'll probably do what others have suggested an eat the $100 order fee, cancel my existing order, and submit another order based on the 'official' date they want.

Blue Button and VIN just now...

Red LR - Princeton NJ delivery

Ordered May 27

Estimated Delivery: June 24 - June 30

Of note, I called and asked and the Princeton delivery folks and they told me I would have needed to place the order after the program started to qualify for the rebate. Also, that if I wanted to cancel and reorder, they would not be able to place that new order on the existing VIN, that I would just join the back of the line again. Looks like I have to hope for some backwards compatibility on the NJ rebate or bigger hope for the federal.

Reactions: 1cruise@atime
Blue Button and VIN just now...

Red LR - Princeton NJ delivery

Ordered May 27

Estimated Delivery: June 24 - June 30

Of note, I called and asked and the Princeton delivery folks and they told me I would have needed to place the order after the program started to qualify for the rebate. Also, that if I wanted to cancel and reorder, they would not be able to place that new order on the existing VIN, that I would just join the back of the line again. Looks like I have to hope for some backwards compatibility on the NJ rebate or bigger hope for the federal.
Oh geez, that's not looking good for us that ordered before July 1st or whatever the 'official' start-date. Here's hoping NJ shows some grace with the EV rebate or just bite the bullet and go thru the gyrations of canceling and reordering.

Reactions: IthilDuath