Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint is Leaving Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hairyman

Jul 24, 2019
Australia
So The Driven is reporting that ChargePoint is giving up in Australia. They say the chargers will still work, but need some sort of an RFID card waved at them (?maybe any card with an RFID?). ChargePoint will not be providing any support for the chargeChargePoint reckons ChargeFox will be picking up their old sites. ChargeFox say that is news to them.

The article is a little unclear whether this all finishes in May 2023 or that they have already stopped in May 2020.

Confusion reigns as ChargePoint quietly pulls support from Australian EV chargers | The Driven

Used the ChargePoint charger in Westfield Bondi Junction today and was able to activate the charge session with my ChargePoint app. So they are working for now although one cable has a fault so it looks like it won’t be fixed.
If I was Tim, I would make a list and hire someone to start calling every existing ChargePoint installation host to offer them an upgrade to ChargeFox.

Seems most sites are down checking random Westfield's on Plugshare in NSW and Vic.

Been a few reports on FB over the last few days as well, seemingly confirming its widespread.

Hopefully this finally puts a rocket up someone in Scentre Groups's ###.

At least there are now some RAA Type 2 plugs on Kangaroo Island.

Reactions: Vostok and SPadival
There's reports from Facebook and PlugShare that you can flip the isolator switch and cut the power for 10 min, then turn them back on and you're good to go.

Charged at Woolworths Prestons this afternoon without any dramas (haven't used it in months but wanted to check it out) without having to do anything but tap my Apple Watch.