Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargeport lights up blueish-pinkish instead of white....sign of impending failure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My charge port has been lighting up blueish-pink in instances where it used to light up white. Is this something I should schedule a service visit about?

It still lights up green when charging. I haven't had any issues charging at level 2 chargers (haven't tried supercharging since I noticed this).

11-A196-F7-DA13-4567-824-A-589476062-DCF.jpg

I have the same issue. Mine is purely cosmetic and charge port works fine. I am waiting until my next appointment to get it fixed.
Lord willing, my next appointment shouldn't be until my annual service at the end of the year or early next year so if you get an appointment and an answer from Tesla please share.

(Actually, the Takata recall will likely be next for me, but no appointment scheduled yet)

I had the exact same issue, just in a different spot (for me, lower right). It's not a software issue; an LED has failed. Tesla will replace it under warranty.

On the earlier cars with manually closing charge port doors, the LED ring is separate from the charge port itself. It's a 15 minute job at most - it takes more time to pull back/replace the trunk weatherstripping and carpet than to actually change the LED ring. Undo the bolts holding the charge port to the fender, pull it back into the trunk and remove the LED ring which is sandwiched between the charge port and fender. Unplug the 4-pin connector powering the LED's. No need to disconnect the wires to the charge port or reprogram/repair the new part to the car.

I was told the auto-closing charge port doors have the LED's integrated into the charge port, but I haven't opened one up to see.

I had the exact same issue, just in a different spot (for me, lower right). It's not a software issue; an LED has failed. Tesla will replace it under warranty.

On the earlier cars with manually closing charge port doors, the LED ring is separate from the charge port itself. It's a 15 minute job at most - it takes more time to pull back/replace the trunk weatherstripping and carpet than to actually change the LED ring. Undo the bolts holding the charge port to the fender, pull it back into the trunk and remove the LED ring which is sandwiched between the charge port and fender. Unplug the 4-pin connector powering the LED's. No need to disconnect the wires to the charge port or reprogram/repair the new part to the car.

I was told the auto-closing charge port doors have the LED's integrated into the charge port, but I haven't opened one up to see.

Thanks. Idc much about a failed LED. I will get it fixed when a more substantial issue arises (or perhaps I'll mention it when the Takata warranty replacement happens)

I'm also interested in marking LEDs. also shines pink
I haven’t been able to find the specs of the LEDs. I will try to repair the broken ones by adding solder to establish connections with the board. I have two bad ones, each has one leg corroded (the middle leg in the bottom row).

Attachments

• 011D7A6D-C4F0-4751-98A8-7CC14D7A1E40.jpeg
    011D7A6D-C4F0-4751-98A8-7CC14D7A1E40.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 89
Good news, I think that I found the LEDs (see attached. They look identical to the OEM under a microscope.

Attachments

• 23F79C07-6E0C-4E2B-B3DC-417714B807BB.jpeg
    23F79C07-6E0C-4E2B-B3DC-417714B807BB.jpeg
    566.2 KB · Views: 73
  • C1453A4B-7BB4-45CA-9C71-1F943C9605DD.jpeg
    C1453A4B-7BB4-45CA-9C71-1F943C9605DD.jpeg
    762.4 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: tga