Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger Poll

What charger do you have for your Tesla

• Tesla

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • Rolec

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Schneider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wall Point

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • EO

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • QUBEV

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Zappi

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have the option to edit the post!

I wonder if any of the moderators here know how to edit the original post so we can include the other chargers mentioned in the responses on the original poll. If so, go for it!

To keep on the right side of the moderators you also need to remove your Octopus referral code for your signature I'm afraid. You can advertise that you have one available in the sig but not actually include it. It's a forum rule apparently.

Reactions: Roy W.
Pod-point.

Managed to get it installed the week before lock-down, however the installer fitted the "fuse saver" to the wrong cable in my meter cabinet, which means the pod-point switches itself off as soon as the charger hits full current. Haven't been able to get an engineer out to fix it since, so I'm having to use public chargers or the 13A adaptor.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Zappi 2 but I’m still waiting for the Tesla upgrade to make charging standards compliant and allow the charger to wake the car up when it is time to start charging. At the moment I have to faff about to enable solar charging during the day and scheduled start charging to use the cheap Octopus tariff from 0030-0430.

Zappi 2 but I’m still waiting for the Tesla upgrade to make charging standards compliant and allow the charger to wake the car up when it is time to start charging. At the moment I have to faff about to enable solar charging during the day and scheduled start charging to use the cheap Octopus tariff from 0030-0430.

I don't use solar with my Zappi 2 yet but I thought you would just set the "Timed Boost" period for the night hours and that would be that ... is that not the case?

Went for the most basic dumb charger before the requirement for network connectivity came in, a Rolec. The more recent versions with the upgraded internals seem fine and mine hasn't missed a beat so far. Not pretty but then not ugly either and it's tucked away around the side of the house. It qualified for a grant plus I didn't fancy paying lots of cash for a basic connector. It also has some form of residual current device on board which made connection simpler and cheaper. Does the job

I don't use solar with my Zappi 2 yet but I thought you would just set the "Timed Boost" period for the night hours and that would be that ... is that not the case?
Timed boost won’t wake up he Model 3. You have to set the Scheduled start time on the car as well for it to accept the charge. Once you have done that it will charge. But then it won’t charge when the Zappi has surplus power. You have to turn off the schedule and wake up the car to get it to start charging. As I understand it, the charge point is supposed to be able to control charging up to the set battery limit. I believe it works ok with other EVs including Teslas, but not on the M3.

Did you get an outside socket fitted, interested on your setup
No I routed the cable under my garage door and then bought a 'holster' for the connector. The main UMC block and 3-pin are always indoors.
I had to chip a bit of the floor away and have taped up part of the cable to stop any chafing. But this all works well for our needs.

Attachments

• 5BB590E2-EAB0-4F7E-9361-06A6668CF321.jpeg
    5BB590E2-EAB0-4F7E-9361-06A6668CF321.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 57
Timed boost won’t wake up he Model 3. You have to set the Scheduled start time on the car as well for it to accept the charge. Once you have done that it will charge. But then it won’t charge when the Zappi has surplus power. You have to turn off the schedule and wake up the car to get it to start charging. As I understand it, the charge point is supposed to be able to control charging up to the set battery limit. I believe it works ok with other EVs including Teslas, but not on the M3.
I’ve found the way around this is to leave sentry mode on so the car doesn’t sleep. That has worked fine for me so far over the sunny days we have been having.

• Informative

Yes, I know about the lack of waking and needing to also therefore set a schedule on the car but hadn't realised you would have to change in the morning to allow it to take the solar ... I get it now! It's a bit worrying that no update has been forthcoming. I have read a comment somewhere that there may be a hardware issue that isn't possible to resolve with software.