Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging 100% for Model 3 Standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my SR base on 4/18/2019, the charging maximum was set at 210 miles.....
WRONG! Please disregard my above reply — I just tried to charge to 100%, and we’re well on our way to 240 miles.I had been told at pickup that the range was locked down to 220 miles, and so, until now, I never tried to go above 210. Hahaha, I’m so trusting. An email from operations today announced that we would be downgraded tonight, so I figured I’d better give it a go before the reduction.

Reactions: eprosenx
I should have disabled my software update. Darn

Honestly, is it a big deal? ... if we had the real “SR-“ in Canada I’d consider downgrading from the SR+ if all I lose is the ability to charge past 92%. Big deal. I never charge past 90% except for a trip, and 92% vs 100% just means a couple extra minutes at the first supercharger stop. If I knew I’d still get power adjustable seats/wheel saveable to custom profiles and heated seats and not fabric seats ... I would have probably order an SR-.

Charge to 216 miles every day. Car used to say “90%”. After lockdown car days “98%”. Zero impact.

Honestly, is it a big deal? ... if we had the real “SR-“ in Canada I’d consider downgrading from the SR+ if all I lose is the ability to charge past 92%. Big deal. I never charge past 90% except for a trip, and 92% vs 100% just means a couple extra minutes at the first supercharger stop. If I knew I’d still get power adjustable seats/wheel saveable to custom profiles and heated seats and not fabric seats ... I would have probably order an SR-.

Charge to 216 miles every day. Car used to say “90%”. After lockdown car days “98%”. Zero impact.
I totally agree. I was just joking. No regrets choosing the locked down version. I don't even car for autopilot.

I was told the battery is actually 260mi but capped at 240 for standard plus. So we are actually charging to 80% when we do 100%

So you have been locked to SR? When did it happen? Also, do you notice a huge difference in the acceleration?

Driving the standard today and noticed the acceleration is slower for some reason. It could just be a prescription thing. I have been software locked before delivery so I shouldn't see any difference. Any one seeing any difference in plus vs non_plus?

Driving the standard today and noticed the acceleration is slower for some reason. It could just be a prescription thing. I have been software locked before delivery so I shouldn't see any difference. Any one seeing any difference in plus vs non_plus?

Tesla has said the SR has a 5.6 second 0-60 while the SR+ has 5.3 second. I know the acceleration lock was a primary reason some people didn't downgrade.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Could be the case. I didn't think I would notice .3 second difference.

It's hard to guess how they've implemented the lock. It should be a 5% reduction in acceleration, but Tesla might have just done "enforced Chill mode until X MPH" or something similar.

Trying to think of alternative causes; do you keep "obstacle aware acceleration" on? Maybe there's a new bug with that feature.

It's hard to guess how they've implemented the lock. It should be a 5% reduction in acceleration, but Tesla might have just done "enforced Chill mode until X MPH" or something similar.

Trying to think of alternative causes; do you keep "obstacle aware acceleration" on? Maybe there's a new bug with that feature.
Didn't know there is this acceleration option. Will look for it