Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Interrupted almost every minute.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using my charging cable from my old model S with my new model 3. When I charge at night the charging is starting and stopping almost every minute. My outlet is 40 amps and worked fine for years with my model S so I don't think it's that. The car supercharges fine. Do I have to use the cable from the model 3? I didnt think there would be any difference. Anyone run into this or have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric

I have been using my charging cable from my old model S with my new model 3. When I charge at night the charging is starting and stopping almost every minute. My outlet is 40 amps and worked fine for years with my model S so I don't think it's that. The car supercharges fine. Do I have to use the cable from the model 3? I didnt think there would be any difference. Anyone run into this or have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric
I had the similar issue with charging interrupted every 10 mins. SC replaced my ECU and charging port to fix this issue. My car used to have 248 miles at 80% soc, right now it has 242 miles at 80% soc.. not sure if it has something to do with the replaced ECU or the numbers of interruptions during charing damaged the battery or maybe it is just normal degradation?. I had my p3D+ only for 3 weeks with 1200miles.

I had the similar issue with charging interrupted every 10 mins. SC replaced my ECU and charging port to fix this issue. My car used to have 248 miles at 80% soc, right now it has 242 miles at 80% soc.. not sure if it has something to do with the replaced ECU or the numbers of interruptions during charing damaged the battery or maybe it is just normal degradation?. I had my p3D+ only for 3 weeks with 1200miles.
BTW, on my service notes, it states that the interruption was caused by voltage drop (0.3v).

248 vs 242 is in the noise.

My model S varies ~8 miles over time when I charge to 80%. It dies feel like it’s higher after long trips, but I have not looked into in in detail to know if true or not.

My advice is to not worry about it.
Maybe you are right. I had my MX for 2 years and it only lost 1%, I had M3P+ for 3 weeks and it lost 2.5%...