Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging with Tesla provided cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

somebody may have an explanation for this.
I am leaving on a 2 weeks trip, and was planning to leave the car plugged on a regular 110V plug in my garage.
I pulled my Tesla cable from the trunk, plugged it into the car, and as soon as it starts charging, it pops out, and no more power to the plug. And every time I reset the plug, same story.
Any insight on this issue?

I pulled my Tesla cable from the trunk, plugged it into the car, and as soon as it starts charging, it pops out, and no more power to the plug. And every time I reset the plug, same story.
The wording is a little unclear for me to figure out what's happening and what you're doing.
What "pops out"? Do you mean the handle of the charging cable gets pushed out of the charging port of the car?
When you say "no more power to the plug", where part are you referring to? "plug" usually refers to the metal prongs that go into the outlet on the wall, but that doesn't sound like what you're talking about. Do you mean the charging handle that goes into the car?
And when you mention that you "reset" the plug, what is that? There is a reset button on the back of electronics box that is part of the mobile charging cable (the part with the LED lights). Do you mean you are pushing that reset button? Or do you mean like you are re-seating the charging handle in the port because it had "popped out"?