Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had 2 Raleigh delivery dates cancelled because the car is in Charlotte. Aug. 4, and Aug 21.
The delay also caused the Tesla finance rate to expire and get bumped up a notch. PPF and tint appointment was also rescheduled.
Irritating that they can't get their act together - whatever the problems.
Sharing my experience because I faced similar issue. Car was sitting in Charlotte for a month (VIN# 456**). Two cancellations - Aug 1st and 9th. I also heard about them losing a lot in Raleigh. They have very few legal parking spots left for new cars in Raleigh. So, irritated by two cancellations, I went to Charlotte and picked up my M3 on Aug 18th. Took one way rental car from Budget (Budget is 2 miles from Tesla Showroom in Charlotte). Return journey from Charlotte to Raleigh in M3 felt like 15 mins drive... so much fun to drive.. quick acceleration is addictive !! In fact I took a small detour on purpose to keep driving ;)

So my order date was 4-10-16. i got a call 8-1-18 from Brandon who said its time to schedule delivery for the next week. Unfortunately I was on my way our of the country. No problem he said just call when I had a firm return date. I called two days later and left a message for him to call I also emailed him. Since then I have left countless voice mails and emails which never get replied to. Not leaving a very good impression. I stopped at the Charlotte lot today and was told the delivery was scheduled for 8-20-18 but the vehicle was still in transit. Hmmm.......

The same thing happened to me as well. Does anyone have any experience to bypass the ISA to directly contact the local delivery center?

@AJ_JAIN what did it take to move delivery location from RALEIGH to charlotte? And how much was Rental car?
I think they are open to having anyone go down to Charlotte for pickup. They may even be willing to pay for your rental car (one-way). Check with Mike at Raleigh Sales for the details. The down side is you have to pay in advance before you get to inspect your car.

Reactions: srharris22
I think they are open to having anyone go down to Charlotte for pickup. They may even be willing to pay for your rental car (one-way). Check with Mike at Raleigh Sales for the details. The down side is you have to pay in advance before you get to inspect your car.

Other downside would be having to drive 2+ hours back on highways before getting PPF applied

Reactions: jimmyz80
Are you emailing Brandon specifically? He has been fantastic to deal with for me despite my delivery being delayed. I say this while awaiting an update myself but it’s from an email today.
He does much better with email, if you don’t have his specific email let me know and I’ll share it privately.
I have been emailing him

Last edited by a moderator:
@AJ_JAIN what did it take to move delivery location from RALEIGH to charlotte? And how much was Rental car?
My ISA gave two options - pickup from Charlotte, or wait for a few days/weeks to pickup from Raleigh. One way car rental from Budget using Costco Travel (picked up at RDU Airport) was $70. Paid $10 ($7.50 fare + $2.50 tip) for uber ride from Car Rental to Tesla Showroom.

My ISA declined one way car rental or loaner. In fact they did not have a loaner to get back to Showroom in Charlotte after I returned the rental car 2 miles from the showroom.
I would check if payment can be pushed through ACH after inspecting the car in Charlotte.

What? Why do you have to pay in advance? What if your car has issues and you want to reject? That is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.