Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is scheduled for home delivery tomorrow in Raleigh (crossing fingers). my ISA only contacts if he has something to tell...emails, calls never get responded :-(
Booked 7/31/18 (didn't reserve before)
ISA called on 8/13 that they have an available car which they are sending to Raleigh and would be here on 8/20
Went with financing at my CU - they won't finalize loan until MVPA was provided (...)
No news from ISA until 8/22 - says cars in charlotte, can't confirm on Raleigh date, probably around 8/29
Got the invite to go to Charlotte for 9/1 event from a different person @ tesla and I said I don't have loan docs - so the ISA gets me MVPA
8/31 morning - gets call from a person in Charlotte - found a paint issue with bumper - can't deliver on 9/1
9/2 got a call from supervisor at tesla that they'll do home delivery
9/4 ISA calls and says delivery on 9/7 afternoon 2-4 PM - I have to immediately get the loan check to Raleigh office.
9/5 ran to Raleigh office to give the check and sign the title/tag paperwork
9/7 - called Raleigh in morning and asked for status - the guy said he'll get back to me. No car, called back in the evening again and the guy said the same thing - we'll call you back.. and I blew my fuse. He put me on hold and checked .... Car still in Charlotte. !!
Called the supervisor lady and she sent me an email 1/2 hour later - Car is still in body shop. It seems sales team jumped the gun.

9/8 got a call from Delivery person at Raleigh that car is expected on the truck from Charlotte tomorrow....Crossing my fingers.

Reactions: Sg911
Car #1 (VIN 701xx)

Delivery Date #1 - Car has roof glass issue, one corner seems off
Delivery Date #2 - Roof Glass fixed, but frame under glass is also off, both were too low

Car #2 (VIN 891xx)

Delivery Date #3 - Car has scratch on passenger door, pretty deep one, a squiggle pattern
Delivery Date #4 - Mobile Detailing attempted to fix scratch, but it is still there. Advised (by Tesla) not to accept it as is.

Will Date #5 be a new VIN? Will we get a car in September? Stay tuned for more exciting action!

• Informative
Reactions: TrickyDimitri
The plot thickens. I reached out to the IDA who is helping out while my assigned IDA is out of the office, and was told the car is almost ready for delivery. I was given a range of time for delivery this Saturday!! I am doubtful it will happen, so I remain cautiously optimistic. I am guessing they may have matched me to a different car that is on the lot, so we shall see...

Reactions: srharris22
The plot thickens. I reached out to the IDA who is helping out while my assigned IDA is out of the office, and was told the car is almost ready for delivery. I was given a range of time for delivery this Saturday!! I am doubtful it will happen, so I remain cautiously optimistic. I am guessing they may have matched me to a different car that is on the lot, so we shall see...
I wonder if they matched you to VIN 99,252....saw that on Saturday on the lot and it seems to match your spec.

Ha! It looked great based on a quick look. It was the first black/white car I have seen in person, so was just excited to see my cars twin there.
I am a solid black with black interior. If it was whiteinterior, then it wasn’t mine. However, to add to the story, I have been given a delivery time on 5:30 this Saturday the 15th. My VIN and delivery appointment are now in my Tesla account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy7fx
I picked up my car last Friday and I couldn't find any wrong. Today I wash the car for the first time and discover some damage on the edge outside edges of the hood. The paint is is completely gone and the metal is scoffed you cannot see it when the hood is closed. Not a big IMO since the hood is aluminum but I want Tesla to know. Who should I contact about the damage?

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
I saw this Model 3 today in Charlotte... is that aftermarket lettering? I’ve not seen any that had it on the rear.

Attachments

• 25EEE140-484C-4E19-A77D-71C3BAD63B9B.jpeg
    25EEE140-484C-4E19-A77D-71C3BAD63B9B.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.