Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check it referral applied to order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long from order would it take to show a code has been used in an owners account?

I used a colleagues (who is away at present) and wasn’t sure if the lease company applied it as they said they would. Now I have a RN should it be showing in said colleagues account, or is it only shown after delivery?

Typically, Tesla say they can't/won't apply referral to account after the order was made. I provided email proof to them that I had supplied a code to the lease company when I ordered it via them and they quickly applied it without any qualms. It appeared in the referral account instantly.

the referral code must be on the purchase order from the Lease company to Tesla - if not then Tesla won't know the info.

Typically, Tesla say they can't/won't apply referral to account after the order was made. I provided email proof to them that I had supplied a code to the lease company when I ordered it via them and they quickly applied it without any qualms. It appeared in the referral account instantly.

cheers guys, I had it in good authority that it was on the lease order form but unsure if this has then been sent to Tesla with the order. Will call them to chase it up

If you have an RN then it’s worth checking with your colleague first. If it’s not showing for them then it hasn’t been added and is attempt to get tesla to add it. If you have evidence of supplying it to lease company then you may be ok.

If you have an RN then it’s worth checking with your colleague first. If it’s not showing for them then it hasn’t been added and is attempt to get tesla to add it. If you have evidence of supplying it to lease company then you may be ok.

just called with the RN code, as expected not applied. Now to chase the leasing company to send it over and try to get it applied

just called with the RN code, as expected not applied. Now to chase the leasing company to send it over and try to get it applied
I was told on the phone yesterday they cant retro-apply referral code. Even though I have heard differently on here. Guy from Tesla on the call refused point blank that it could be done. I’ll try at Edinburgh on collection day and see if I get any luck.

I was told on the phone yesterday they cant retro-apply referral code. Even though I have heard differently on here. Guy from Tesla on the call refused point blank that it could be done. I’ll try at Edinburgh on collection day and see if I get any luck.

It can be done (they did it for me), but their policy is strictly that they won't do it after the order has been placed. Just be very polite and start saying you appreciate it's not their fault but you're just hoping they could help you out.

That's how I did it and I sent them proof that I had infact asked to use a code when the lease company ordered the car. It's wasn't the fault of Tesla or myself that it wasn't applied at the start.

Reactions: Maz0