Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check this charge point out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bullet1

Electric - way of the future
How about this for an interesting Charge point?

Found an interesting charge point for EV's in the middle of Kosciusko National Park - Snowy Mountains NSW Australia at Yarrangobilly Caves.

Built in 1936 a Pelton hydro wheel driven by a local stream that disappears into the side of a mountain (cave). This place is in the middle of nowhere down a dirt track. 15 amp 240V.

Anyone have any interesting charge points to share?

1936 hydro charger.jpg
yarrangobilly caves charger.jpg
stream to nowhere.jpg

I have
The sawn log that the plug is attached to seems recent based on the colour of the cut end.
If this is a new charge point, I hope you put it on Plugshare!
I have submitted to plugshare so hopefully it shows up.

If anyone is travelling between the Gundagai SC and wants to head to Cooma or Jindabyne via Snowy Mountains Hyw is worth checking out. Only issues is the 6 km one way dirt/gravel track to access. Wayout is same.

awesome! I went to Yarangobilly caves in March this year, spoke to the lady in the shop there about charging, and she didn't mention anything about a charging bay. She did let me charge up from the BBQ area though. That would have been so good if it was there when i was there, i was really low on charge (the hills and heavy rain around the area chewed up about 20% more battery than I had anticipated)

V12TzBLQcNPUFeMEyZbrGkbgUZSw3Vxe4GsXHhLEMB_M6iog9iBmIvi-nGJ99xgSv_TO-Hc9BUdJ300TyTNKAkjOrWJUzKUxrcn2oUGKSbsj5RiDbFLeMvHfn_TVvRib-WFSwPJb88s_0-IO6gS9m07rI_SslA51TZ_eLm8EENwdiBGHDqE22WuxAoEhJIaLznVTQPN4xT4l8yRMHt_Y8eQOCYFTiq-iuCkyUWW4BzSj0FlDR9A6IcmwMzp9QfgUTS2aSF2xP9Ulo4Ui3vO30ZTD_vDl9Yydy6raOP8cEjHA1vr1Ibq_ptxPhUaK0m9t9y3zacCm1dfaVKzVV7qv3_62fsu3jcq2nu1ACrW2-eWLtQo9XD-nsh_TlrWtn_ZTk8THfTaJ5FldKn-yP2NhtiQ0z09Jr85ZVt9rijMrAuO-t4jn1zn3T4EKTugnxtE0dPehIA3SlpMNR6AKNDUnQasujze9RNDICBIzGn9zvqAJMVTw7gA9LGNbr0XmhKdR1hcDtW1U652B9rX_vFsQhcWlA2Gx1JiZQWz4Wiyyjv08h4_g6hExRgTkqN0WNqKtskqtj0djmyuG-E0PQB3Sbhbijqofd3SzK1kr-L_xv-0=w1813-h646-no