Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt - 200 mile range for $30k base price (after incentive)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Bolt (and Volt) have proven "any EVs GM builds" are definitely not junk. In fact, the Bolt is the #1 ranked EV in reliability.
Top 5 Most Reliable Electric Cars For 2018
I was being somewhat facetious. I've got one year, 12k miles with my 2018 Premiere....I absolutely love my Bolt. I have yet to go back to the dealership...works well, reliable...no drama. But....only juice it's been feed is from my home L2 charger. I have yet to DC Fast Charge...kinda jelly of the Superchargers.

• Love
Reactions: Blup85
Weird.....dunno why it says "are you a robot?".
It's an article about GM announcing $300 million in investments for the Orion plant.

You'll note that when you post a URL into a post here and submit, the URL is converted into a hyperlink with the title of the article.

To get the title, the forum software queries the URL. The Bloomberg site obviously sees something in the request header that makes it (correctly) see the request as not coming from a web browser so returns a page the asks the client to confirm that it's not a robot. It does this because it's a news site and doesn't want to be scraped. The forum software simply uses the title of the returned page.

• Informative
Reactions: diamond.g
Another source... GM Won't Cut Chevy Bolt Price Amid Lower Tax Incentive

GM’s EV tax credit will be cut again in October, to $1,875, and go away altogether in April 2020. Both GM and Tesla have lobbied the federal government for an extension of the incentive, but it hasn’t gained any traction among lawmakers, who have before threatened to cut it altogether in a bid to curb government spending.

For now, GM is likely to throw more cash and attractive lease deals on the Bolt to keep it viable as rivals such as Hyundai and Kia release new EVs that are eligible for the full $7,500 credit. While that’s fine for the short term, the Bolt may need more support to prop up its sales.

Zombie thread resurrection!
Quick note about the vampire drain in the Bolt (or rather lack thereof). Left for a 3 week vacation with my Bolt at 29% SOC and 74 miles on the GOM.
Came back 3 weeks later, to find it had exactly 74 miles on the GOM (and somehow gained 1%). Only vampire drain in the Bolt if it it sucks up juice from a nearby appliance. :D
PhotoGrid_1565949546898.jpg

Chevy SparkEV has zero vampire drain so why the surprise?

> Anyone interested in a Chevy Boat EV?

The problem with the Bolt/Spark motor is that one main bearing is inside the diff unit. Looked to me like a non-trivial task to reduce the power unit to just the motor (for use in a boat or whatever). GM probably figured this out as the 200hp motor in this p-boat is most likely just the everyday Bolt motor.
--

Last edited: