Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt a "Commuter Car?" Not Available Until April? Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2020 no one will care that the "2016" promises were actually "2017" as a practical matter for California and Oregon, and perhaps "2018" for all of the country.
The 2016 production is coming in consistent with what GM has said all along. When production on a completely new model starts in October/November there is inherently going to be no more than a few hundred cars sold before the new year.

States other than California and Oregon will very likely be getting Bolt EVs in the first calendar quarter or two.

tweet.jpg

Presume Away Captain!

So far the Presume team is tied with with Team Assume, score is 0-0! We are now in sudden-death overtime. A real nail-biter. :D
Well, no one has any score yet until deliveries to customers happen and we get the numbers in.

I think it is pretty much expected from the start of thread that the CARB states will get a couple hundred vehicles by end of this year, but other than that, the rest is still a big question mark.

Has the whole navigation and configuration question been answered yet? Haven't been following the latest development.

Well, no one has any score yet until deliveries to customers happen and we get the numbers in.

I think it is pretty much expected from the start of thread that the CARB states will get a couple hundred vehicles by end of this year, but other than that, the rest is still a big question mark.

Has the whole navigation and configuration question been answered yet? Haven't been following the latest development.

I was looking at the GM factory order site (private, not public) and it did not look correct. They politely requested I did not take a picture of the screen.

In any case, the CarPlay/AAuto/OnStar/Nav is a bit overkill. Ask me how I know. I even called OnStar and asked them WTF are you folk doing? Apple is barely friendly to Apple products. It seriously sucks when asked to be polite to others.

Yeah, the GM nav is sweet, but it's sort of time for fixed Nav systems to be stored with the 8-tracks of Steppenwolf.

I was looking at the GM factory order site (private, not public) and it did not look correct. They politely requested I did not take a picture of the screen.

In any case, the CarPlay/AAuto/OnStar/Nav is a bit overkill. Ask me how I know. I even called OnStar and asked them WTF are you folk doing? Apple is barely friendly to Apple products. It seriously sucks when asked to be polite to others.

Yeah, the GM nav is sweet, but it's sort of time for fixed Nav systems to be stored with the 8-tracks of Steppenwolf.
Did you ever ask OnStar where the nearest plug was while out and about? That really is the best reason for builtin Nav for an EV. Allows trip planning with routes that take you through nearest charging stations. As far as I know Plugshare isn't AA or CP compatible.