Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cinergi's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone! Now for the kicker. I have an HOUR LONG (OK, it's only 56 minutes) video of the touchscreen rendering now. Just the touch screen. Not the instrument cluster or steering wheel controls, etc. Good lord, I have issues :smile:
This will take a long time to render and upload but thought I'd whet your appetite :tongue:

Believe me I'm doing plenty of driving, too :smile:

Forgot to mention I also have a video of me doing J1772. It's really important to watch and understand. I found out the hard way and ended up calling Tesla for help LOL
That'll come soon, and I'll get it posted in the right thread, too. I apparently have to wait for the current render (ETA 1 hour 40 minutes) to complete before I can begin editing another (much shorter) video.

Thanks everyone! Now for the kicker. I have an HOUR LONG (OK, it's only 56 minutes) video of the touchscreen rendering now. Just the touch screen. Not the instrument cluster or steering wheel controls, etc. Good lord, I have issues :smile:
This will take a long time to render and upload but thought I'd whet your appetite :tongue:

I *LOVE* that the suggested videos from YouTube (on your unlocking video) include a video on space aliens, a plasma torus anti-gravity generator and an energy rifle. I think YouTube pretty much has this one pegged :tongue:

Ben,
The screen indicated that charging was complete and the estimated range was at 223 miles. I would think that the charged estimated mile range would be a lot closer to 265 or so.
What's up with that?

2 things. I set the car to show projected range there instead of rated range. Second, I did a standard mode charge. I had 240 miles of rated range which is exactly right for a standard charge.

Thanks for the clarifications. I just read up on the two charging modes and now understand that the Standard mode is the 80% charge which is recommended for battery longevity.
I was not aware of the two charging modes....(I need to start reading all of the charging/battery posts to keep up with this kind of info).
Thanks again.

Hey Cinergi,

Out of curiosity, could you duplicate the drivers door opening when you pressed the fob? Listening to the video it sounded like you might have done a quick triple click instead of a double?

Thanks for all the great videos!

Peter

I thought the door opening was kind of cool if there was a special click combo for that. Wouldn't want that to be standard as you wouldn't be able to lock the car again without closing the door.

Thanks for the videos Ben, it's way more informative than a regular test drive!

So I messed up the render of the touchscreen video. Gotta redo it. So that's gonna be ready later tomorrow. In the meantime, I rendered the J1772 ordeal -- the one I think is very important for owners and reservationists to see and understand because I ended up calling Tesla trying to figure out how to detach the cable from my car so I could drive home! Even worse, my first attempt wedged it in so even the correct method didn't work until I realized what had happened and shoved it back in so the unlock mechanism could work. The video's ETA to Youtube is about 45 minutes. When it's live, it'll be here: Tesla Model S J1772 Charging - YouTube

I put 300 miles on the car since I got it yesterday. I just got back from a nice long highway drive. I got some video of the tech package nav system in action ... so that'll be coming soon, too :smile: