Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cinergi's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great videos, very to the point! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm kind of wondering whether/how the J1772 adapter could be improved. Maybe it could have a ring around the middle of it, and when you turn the ring, it pushes out two bolts, one in each direction, so that by turning the ring, you can separate the adapter form both the car and the j1772 handle, at once. Don't know if that would work, and something for another thread, probably.

Congrats! I just watched some parts of your livestream video, but that delivery truck is scary! The way he has to back out the car on that ramp which is hanging from those cables. Seems like a very fragile way to deliver those cars with.

In about 5 hours :scared: the touchscreen video should be live on youtube: Tesla Model S Touch Screen - YouTube

The HD video behind that is 4.4 GB in size LOL. Anyway, it's long and unindexed (sorry, I don't have THAT much time on my hands) but will walk you through literally everything in the touchscreen in depth. It's one software revision behind so the latest updates (e.g. driver profiles) aren't in there. Perhaps what I'll do is add supplemental videos every time an update is made and post that...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really enjoying your videos, cinergi, and really appreciate the detail you put into them. You understand how eager we really are to experience what you are experiencing!

Thanks! Indeed, I felt the void personally until I got the car, which is why I'm doing these now.

I've noticed that when I start turning, front-side lights light up the front left & right of the car ... I didn't think that was a feature / I don't remember anyone talking about that!

Having lights that illuminate where you are going when turning is something I've missed in every car since the DS-21. No amount of brightness can make up for the lights not being pointed in the direction that you're going.

The new vids are helpful. I'm suprised how complicated charging at stations is though. Did they tell you how to do that or did you figure out in your own? That's great to bear about the adaptive headlights. I wonder why it's not listed as a feature like Lexus does?

The only thing I asked about was proper usage of the J1772 adapter (put it on the connector first); though I can't see how one way or the other would make any difference. The rest was figuring it out on my own -- but that's my nature. I have no problem trying whatever, clicking every button to see what happens, etc. And of course each type of charging station is different. It's more complicated for the Model S, too (obviously the adapter, but also the fact that you need to unlock it ... which I shouldn't have to do so hopefully we can get that fixed / removed from the list of instructions).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for taking the time to film and post the videos. You are awesome!! These are a MUST WATCH item for all future Model S owners. The DS who will deliver mine will wonder why I'm not asking all these questions :biggrin:

:smile:
When my DS showed up, I challenged him to tell me something I didn't already know hehe. He actually did. And given that I'm an ADDICT on these forums and whatnot, that's not too shabby!

- - - Updated - - -

In about 5 hours :scared: the touchscreen video should be live on youtube: Tesla Model S Touch Screen - YouTube

Done! Set aside an hour to go through everything you ever wanted to know about the touch screen :smile:

Hi Ben, thanks for these videos they're really great.

With the hour long video, is that in HD as well? At the moment it isn't showing it as an option, but I figure maybe youtube is just catching up, in which case I'd rather wait and watch it in 'HD'! A bit more detail...

Thanks,

Charlie -

Hi Ben, thanks for these videos they're really great.

With the hour long video, is that in HD as well? At the moment it isn't showing it as an option, but I figure maybe youtube is just catching up, in which case I'd rather wait and watch it in 'HD'! A bit more detail...

Thanks,

Charlie -

Yes it's HD. It does look like Youtube's catching up on it. Only showing 480p right now.