Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

City Council Candidate hits Model 3, then flees scene

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Half the plate was clearly visible. With the make and model, it would have been enough to find the car.
This would have just taken a lot longer.

Thanks, that was my worry. In the UK it wouldn't be enough, you need the whole plate to have any chance.

And to be fair it's not just a Tesla problem, all parking-mode dashcams have the same issue.

What kind of dashcam do you have--aftermarket or using the car's cameras? I would like to install one into my car also. Please let me know. Thanks.

This is from Tesla Sentry Mode, using the built-in cameras in the front, right and left sides. It runs a regular dashcam when you are driving (also 3 simultaneous recordings) and when parked it records everything after an alarm incident.
I know you messaged separately, just replying here in case others have this question.
The feature is standard on all newer Teslas.

This has more info, If yours is from 2017 or newer, you should get an update eventually.
Tesla releases Sentry Mode with surround video recording and blaring musical alarms

• Love
Reactions: Lucky_Man
Reactions: SJC3
That is so funny (sadly not) and more importantly from the video you can clearly see him cross over his parking line and right into your car. Just wow. I'd do a meme of that action. Who's fault is it?!

Exactly. It appears that his vehicle was parked at an angle to his spot, and he screwed up the straightening maneuver. With it being a rental, and large, it's understandable that he'd have some difficulty with it, but no excuses.

The Tesla was close to the edge of its space, but we don't have the other side to know how wide the spaces are or what it had to deal with on the other side.

(I once saw a young lady get into a Tacoma in a supermarket parking lot and in trying to maneuver out, she got so close to a neighboring vehicle, that she just stopped and held her head in her hands, completely lost.)

Exactly. It appears that his vehicle was parked at an angle to his spot, and he screwed up the straightening maneuver. With it being a rental, and large, it's understandable that he'd have some difficulty with it, but no excuses.

The Tesla was close to the edge of its space, but we don't have the other side to know how wide the spaces are or what it had to deal with on the other side.

(I once saw a young lady get into a Tacoma in a supermarket parking lot and in trying to maneuver out, she got so close to a neighboring vehicle, that she just stopped and held her head in her hands, completely lost.)

The Tesla isn't anywhere near.. its an angled spot, Its aligned perfectly between the lines.