Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL. I feel like they dont know.

I just got this response from Priscilla:
I am sorry that you are getting mixed messages.

Yes, Tesla is not a dealership. Tesla's showrooms are essentially extensions and showrooms and not dealerships. When a person purchases a car from a showroom, they're technically buying from online.

Yes, the CVAP grant can be used to purchase a used Tesla from an approved dealership.

:confused::mad::eek:o_O:( FML :cool:

same. LOL

Yes, Tesla is not a dealership. Tesla's showrooms are essentially extensions and showrooms and not dealerships. When a person purchases a car from a showroom, they're technically buying from online.

Yes, the CVAP grant can be used to purchase a used Tesla from an approved dealership.

Tbh, I don’t think anyone knows, but that’s okay. Still woulda been nice to try for a $5k grant though lol

I just received a reply from CVAP.

5A97BFBB-2F72-4D40-8588-874DC0509337.jpeg

So I guess someone DOES know...

lol yes! I was also told after you submit and are approved you have 30 something days to accept and use the grant. HOwever, if you do not use the grant, you can re apply whenever you want. I am unsure if you would be rejected the next time though.

I placed my order for a M3 SR+ and applied for the CVAP grant. I went through Tesla of SF as they said they accepted the CVAP grant.
CVAP approval will take 3-12 weeks depending on how quickly applicant provides all documentation needed and their workload. Also, they had a 35 day deadline to claim the grant but have recently extended it an additional 90 days to make it a total of 125 days to claim the grant.
Please also apply for CVRP and your local energy provider(pge) as these grants and rebates are stack-able. I could potentially get up to $10,300 off the purchase of my M3.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
I placed my order for a M3 SR+ and applied for the CVAP grant. I went through Tesla of SF as they said they accepted the CVAP grant.
CVAP approval will take 3-12 weeks depending on how quickly applicant provides all documentation needed and their workload. Also, they had a 35 day deadline to claim the grant but have recently extended it an additional 90 days to make it a total of 125 days to claim the grant.
Please also apply for CVRP and your local energy provider(pge) as these grants and rebates are stack-able. I could potentially get up to $10,300 off the purchase of my M3.

Cool.

They also include grants for charging options....see below.
20200812_153323.jpg

Now that you placed your order, do you have to wait for the grant to complete the purchase? I applied for the grant this week, but I have not placed my order with Tesla. Did they mention to you what the process is once you have the grant approval?

Now that you placed your order, do you have to wait for the grant to complete the purchase? I applied for the grant this week, but I have not placed my order with Tesla. Did they mention to you what the process is once you have the grant approval?

Per CVAP website -

I want to use a CVA Program grant to buy a new Tesla in the future and I am worried that my grant approval will expire before I can complete my Tesla order. Can I get an extension?

If you are buying a new Tesla, we recommend that you place your Tesla order in the first week that you are grant approved and provide the CVA Program team with your signed Tesla motor vehicle order agreement. In the event you are unable to place your Tesla order in the first week of being approved for a clean vehicle grant, you might be asked to reapply for a new grant approval due to Tesla’s order and delivery timeline.

CVAP gives the grant letter to the applicant and the applicant takes that to the dealership (Tesla). I haven't spoken to a Tesla rep as to their process, but somehow with that grant letter, they will apply the $5k towards your down payment.

Yes, you have to wait for the grant approval before taking delivery of your vehicle.

Tesla is now on their approved list of dealers. I'm going through the process right now was approved 7/15 for the grant and ordered Y on 8/6 and seeing how the process goes. I spoke with CVAP and you are to include the 5k in your down payment number. https://409x7yggc5ekrbd32lf9ajv2-wp...oads/2020/08/Dealership-List-2020-ENGLISH.pdf
Thanks for the information. Looks like you are ahead of the game! How long did it take to receive the approval letter after you applied?

CVAP gives the grant letter to the applicant and the applicant takes that to the dealership (Tesla). I haven't spoken to a Tesla rep as to their process, but somehow with that grant letter, they will apply the $5k towards your down payment.

Yes, you have to wait for the grant approval before taking delivery of your vehicle.
Ok, cool. I wonder if you have to wait for Tesla to receive the 5K before they give you the car, or if the approval letter is enough...

I applied for the grant and also placed an order for my Model Y. It takes 60 days for approval of the grant. If it gets approved before my delivery date I can simply just apply the grant towards the down payment? Or do I have to wait for approval and then place the order?

Tesla is now on their approved list of dealers. I'm going through the process right now was approved 7/15 for the grant and ordered Y on 8/6 and seeing how the process goes. I spoke with CVAP and you are to include the 5k in your down payment number. https://409x7yggc5ekrbd32lf9ajv2-wp...oads/2020/08/Dealership-List-2020-ENGLISH.pdf

we’re you notified that you were approved by email or you just received a letter in the mail, or both? I’m still waiting it’s been about a month

I applied for the grant and also placed an order for my Model Y. It takes 60 days for approval of the grant. If it gets approved before my delivery date I can simply just apply the grant towards the down payment? Or do I have to wait for approval and then place the order?

Did you confirm that they will accept CVAP for the Y? When I spoke to my Tesla rep, he said it only applies to the 3.

Did you confirm that they will accept CVAP for the Y? When I spoke to my Tesla rep, he said it only applies to the 3.
You can buy any Tesla with the grant. I have spoken to CVAP and the approved my purchase. They don't care unless it doesn't meets the criteria set by CVAP and your loan is under 12% interest. I also spoke to Tesla rep this afternoon and they took all my paperwork and the sale is going through.

Reactions: RoBoRaT