Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys know if the CVAP can be used for a lease down payment ? Really interested in the Y now that I got my grant approved.

That’s a great question... I’m not sure because it doesn’t say anything at all on the website about leasing. Maybe call the CVAP office?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply for your grant and when was it approved?

Thanks!

That’s a great question... I’m not sure because it doesn’t say anything at all on the website about leasing. Maybe call the CVAP office?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply for your grant and when was it approved?

Thanks!

FAQ - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

Can I use a clean vehicle grant to lease a vehicle?
Yes, however, we recommend doing extensive research before entering a lease agreement. We are unable to ensure fair leasing practices from the leasing companies, so it is your responsibility to negotiate a fair lease that will meet the program requirements. There are many resources on the internet to help you prepare for a lease, such as this video. Grant recipients are required to own or lease their clean vehicle for a minimum of 30 months.

Reactions: JK929
Do you remember how long it took to get receive approval? How were you notified, Email, or letter? Yes It can be used for leasing a vehicle as long as the term is 30 months or longer.
Yes ! Filled back in Late June and just received my notice today thru email With the next steps. That’s why I’m asking if I can lease a Y I’m about to order the car today! You’ll get approved soon for sure !

FAQ - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

Can I use a clean vehicle grant to lease a vehicle?
Yes, however, we recommend doing extensive research before entering a lease agreement. We are unable to ensure fair leasing practices from the leasing companies, so it is your responsibility to negotiate a fair lease that will meet the program requirements. There are many resources on the internet to help you prepare for a lease, such as this video. Grant recipients are required to own or lease their clean vehicle for a minimum of 30 months.

Ah, I didn’t look everywhere, I guess. My bad!

For those who have already gotten approval, what document(s) did you submit for income verification? I submitted my W2, but after inquiring with someone from their office, he also encouraged me to submit my 2019 Tax Return.

Also, if you were asked to provide additional documents, how did you submit them? Uploading the file through the website or via email?

Thanks!

For those who have already gotten approval, what document(s) did you submit for income verification? I submitted my W2, but after inquiring with someone from their office, he also encouraged me to submit my 2019 Tax Return.

Also, if you were asked to provide additional documents, how did you submit them? Uploading the file through the website or via email?

Thanks!

Like you I'm patiently waiting for approval. I spoke with a rep from the CVAP and she suggested submitting a copy of my 2019 tax return directly from the IRS of which you can obtain electronically or by mail. She insinuated the copy of my returns from Turbo tax could be seen as inauthentic or doctored.

Getting antsy here, but it’s my fault. I placed my order on August 22 without having grant approval yet (applied on August 14) and I just received an update text from Tesla that my MY is expected to be ready for delivery in 1-3 weeks and I still don’t have grant approval. I hope I receive approval soon! I’d hate to have to delay my delivery :/

Hi im a newbie here. So after reading everything here, did i understand it right that i can apply for the CVAP online and while waiting for the approval, i can also order the MY online and pay for the $100 and just need to delay my delivery until i receive the grant approval? Or do i have to wait for the grant approval before even ordering? Also, how do you get a tesla adviser? I live in california...