Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering why did you guys put in an order if you're aware of the fact that it takes over a month or so for it to be approved? The time frame of the deliveries states 1-3 weeks. And ordering after battery day should be more logical no?

Just wondering why did you guys put in an order if you're aware of the fact that it takes over a month or so for it to be approved? The time frame of the deliveries states 1-3 weeks. And ordering after battery day should be more logical no?

I guess just to be in the system for deliveries. Nobody knows for a fact that there’s a “line” for orders to be fulfilled. Grant approval is also a case-by-case basis — sometimes it comes fast, sometimes it takes a really long time. In some cases, approval does come before delivery happens. For me, it was taking my chance on minimizing the wait. :D

Battery Day is non-issue for me. There’s nothing wrong with waiting, but I’m a believer in there being no immediate changes to the Model Y regardless of what is announced on Battery Day.

I guess just to be in the system for deliveries. Nobody knows for a fact that there’s a “line” for orders to be fulfilled. Grant approval is also a case-by-case basis — sometimes it comes fast, sometimes it takes a really long time. In some cases, approval does come before delivery happens. For me, it was taking my chance on minimizing the wait. :D

Battery Day is non-issue for me. There’s nothing wrong with waiting, but I’m a believer in there being no immediate changes to the Model Y regardless of what is announced on Battery Day.
Ah OK! Which Model-Y did you end up ordering if I may ask? Still contemplating about the Y and 3 at the moment. Good luck and hope you get your Y soon!

Ah OK! Which Model-Y did you end up ordering if I may ask? Still contemplating about the Y and 3 at the moment. Good luck and hope you get your Y soon!

I decided on the Y because the 3 was a little too short for me. Plus, you can’t go wrong with more room for only a couple (a few, really) grand more! I used to drive a RAV-4 and I drive a Mirai now so I do miss having a taller vehicle.

I went with an AWD LR, White/White (was nervous about this at first, but I’m sure I made the right decision), with Induction wheels and FSD.

Though I think I’m going to cancel FSD for now and purchase it separately so I can put that on a credit card for points.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either of the two! All it comes down to is preference and whichever makes more sense financially for you. Good luck!

How long ago did you apply? I just hit 4 weeks and already had to push back delivery until Oct 5th

5 weeks this Friday. :( Did you set that date? Do you think they’d actually be able to get you a car by that date?

Do you know how long you can delay it for? and what's your estimated delivery of your Y after you received the VIN?

You can keep delaying delivery as much as you want. Have them delay it until next year if you really want to haha

I saw the MVPA assigned yesterday (9/16) but they have told me when I can expect the car to be at my delivery center... or when I can pick up.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Hey guys, I new here but I have been reading this discussion board for a week now. Placed a model y order about a week ago and applied for the CVAP grant last Friday. I emailed CVAP and they said it should take 3weeks to 3 months. Funny how we're all in the same boat.

Welcome to the club!

I’m currently on week 5 and still waiting! I called and nicely asked for a status update yesterday and they said that my application is still in line for review. They also can’t give me an estimated turnaround time because of the effects of the pandemic on their processes.

I have a VIN but still no delivery date. I’m still hoping the approval comes before delivery.

Good luck to all of us! :D

Reactions: Mr Au.D
5 weeks this Friday. :( Did you set that date? Do you think they’d actually be able to get you a car by that date?

Yes, I picked it while on the phone with a SA. Whether or not the car is available on this date is another story. I was able to sell my trade-in vehicle to a private party for almost 6k more than Tesla offered me in the meantime so that's one positive from the wait time.

Just an update... they texted me to schedule my delivery for this weekend. I’ve lost hope in getting approval before then, so I had to let go of the car :(

Like Mr Au.D, they put me on the ineligible list until Oct 5, but I could call to make me active again if I get my approval earlier.

I just hate to have to wait (potentially) another 5-9 weeks to be assigned a VIN :eek:

Just an update... they texted me to schedule my delivery for this weekend. I’ve lost hope in getting approval before then, so I had to let go of the car :(

Like Mr Au.D, they put me on the ineligible list until Oct 5, but I could call to make me active again if I get my approval earlier.

I just hate to have to wait (potentially) another 5-9 weeks to be assigned a VIN :eek:
for 5K off that's worth it IMO! Unless you don't have a ride at the moment!

You and me got the same text, same situation :(