Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish CVAP was able to give any idea of ETA. If these grants are in a queue, and assuming a decent amount of people fill out their information quickly. A rough ball park figure can be guessed. My email asking for ETA of mid-august applications was replied to with a copy paste from the FAQ. 3weeks to 3 months :( Even worst as im 50/50 sure if I will even get the grant. Scared like others to be pushed into 7-11 week batch.

:( It’s okay... we’ll have our cars soon enough. The battle is hard. I cry inside everyday that I don’t get an update on my order and now we’re back to square one.

I have my floor mats ready and PPF, tins, and ceramic coating at a detailing shop set up too! All I’m missing is my MY haha
Whats even worst, this was the first text I ever got. No delivery advisor has contacted me. No VIN. No MVPA. Silence since 9/6 until today's "On the truck" text.

I wish CVAP was able to give any idea of ETA. If these grants are in a queue, and assuming a decent amount of people fill out their information quickly. A rough ball park figure can be guessed. My email asking for ETA of mid-august applications was replied to with a copy paste from the FAQ. 3weeks to 3 months :( Even worst as im 50/50 sure if I will even get the grant. Scared like others to be pushed into 7-11 week batch.
I really wonder how accurate is the pre-approved screen they had (under the family income quota, etc). That's the only reason why I gave it a shot along with whatever we needed to submit. Unless funds running out, I don't see anyone being rejected or rather denied.

I really wonder how accurate is the pre-approved screen they had (under the family income quota, etc). That's the only reason why I gave it a shot along with whatever we needed to submit. Unless funds running out, I don't see anyone being rejected or rather denied.
I was RIGHT on the border of it. They said its based off of 2019 income, which Im fine. 2020 I was pushed barley over the line (new job).

Reactions: c4Lvin

I question this too. Based on their website, their basis on approval is really just whether or not your income is within qualifications and if you live in California.

How long does it take to verify either and grant approval? Especially when they have your social security number and tax transcript... :rolleyes:

3-12 weeks is a HUUUUUGE gap. I wonder what happens if it passes 12 weeks and we still haven’t heard back.

Whats even worst, this was the first text I ever got. No delivery advisor has contacted me. No VIN. No MVPA. Silence since 9/6 until today's "On the truck" text.

Oh no! I mean, all I got was a “1-3 week” text like 2 weeks ago... other than that, it’s been quiet. :(

I was RIGHT on the border of it. They said its based off of 2019 income, which Im fine. 2020 I was pushed barley over the line (new job).

Ooh, yeah, I definitely qualify with my 2019 income. I still do this year haha

I question this too. Based on their website, their basis on approval is really just whether or not your income is within qualifications and if you live in California.

How long does it take to verify either and grant approval? Especially when they have your social security number and tax transcript... :rolleyes:

3-12 weeks is a HUUUUUGE gap. I wonder what happens if it passes 12 weeks and we still haven’t heard back.

Oh no! I mean, all I got was a “1-3 week” text like 2 weeks ago... other than that, it’s been quiet. :(

Ooh, yeah, I definitely qualify with my 2019 income. I still do this year haha
never even gotten that 2-3 weeks text.

my process was:
- ordered with my SAs in person.
- Automated text saying to finish my profile
- Website updated to say 2-4 weeks from order date
- silence
- ITS ON THE TRUCK (6hr drive)

never even gotten that 2-3 weeks text.

my process was:
- ordered with my SAs in person.
- Automated text saying to finish my profile
- Website updated to say 2-4 weeks from order date
- silence
- ITS ON THE TRUCK (6hr drive)

:( I know it’s impossible to fulfill orders as they’re received, but at least an actual structure to how they’re fulfilled.

Everyone says west coast deliveries happen at the end of the quarter, but that’s still just speculation even though it’s backed by evidence of previous quarters... it’s still random sometimes too

:( I know it’s impossible to fulfill orders as they’re received, but at least an actual structure to how they’re fulfilled.

Everyone says west coast deliveries happen at the end of the quarter, but that’s still just speculation even though it’s backed by evidence of previous quarters... it’s still random sometimes too
Funny story is, until tomorrow when the SA can help me out, I can't delay lol. I have no one to contact about it.

Y’all jumped the gun ordering before approval tbh.... I feel impatient waiting for delivery AFTER being approved and I can only imagine the feeling of trying to line up approval before delivery and having to delay delivery if it doesn’t line up... on a positive note, it will be worth it in the end

It was recommended to do so. Since the grant can easily expire before delivery. Note I applied 2-3 weeks before I ordered. CVAP took longer than expect, Tesla went quicker.

Reactions: JK929
Y’all jumped the gun ordering before approval tbh.... I feel impatient waiting for delivery AFTER being approved and I can only imagine the feeling of trying to line up approval before delivery and having to delay delivery if it doesn’t line up... on a positive note, it will be worth it in the end

Yeah, I was really sad yesterday, but I’m over it now... lol

The grant office just needs to hurry it up so I can get back in line already :confused:

Grant has been extended from 30 days to 125 days.
I applied on 8/23 and have not heard back yet still. Placed a an order for a Y and just for the 8-13 days text too.

I did tell my Advisor that I did not want delivery till December because of grant process, but guess he didn’t make note of it. Kinda hoping they provide approval soon and that I receive the car early

Kinda off topic here but anyone know if Pasadena or Glendales' showroom has a Model 3 and Y for comparison? I need to set my mind onto which to get. Tried calling and nobody answers as usual.
Hey I’m doing a test drive for a model 3 since I just ordered without ever driving one and the person that helped me setup an appointment said they have both model 3 and Y available for test drive in Pasadena, I’m sure you can compare both if you schedule test drives there.

• Love
Reactions: c4Lvin
Hey I’m doing a test drive for a model 3 since I just ordered without ever driving one and the person that helped me setup an appointment said they have both model 3 and Y available for test drive in Pasadena, I’m sure you can compare both if you schedule test drives there.
Thanks buddy! I don't need to test drive them as they are almost all the same. I've driven the Model S and X's before so I'm sure they are just going to be lighter and a bit more agile compared to the higher end models. I'm more interested in the interior spacing, etc. I'll pay them a visit tomorrow! Thanks for the pointers! Did you end up ordering yours yet?