Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you checked the website? I believe it'll show you approved before you get an email notification.

Yes, I have checked website multiple times today, lol. Application still shows under review. I called CVAP yesterday and spoke with an representative. She said, "still awaiting final approval from supervisor... should be approve hopefully by tomorrow." So I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Applied 1/20.
Called today to ask and they said that my application is in final review stage and was reviewed on 3/10 and it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for the final decision from now. I'd recommend calling them because I think there is a difference between the portal they see and the portal we see and theirs seems to be more accurate/updated.
Hopefully January applications get approved soon because December ones seem to be getting cleared.
Took mine over 3 months. Got it tho.

Thanks, was finally able to speak with someone at the Burbank deliver center today (the person I ended up speaking to was not even in the delivery department but a sales advisor from Glendale that they brought in for a couple of days to field calls to the delivery line probably because they are so overwhelmed). I'll try again tomorrow. I can only assume Burbank Delivery Center is slammed as I called about 20 times over the past two days before I was able to get a human on the the phone. They are also not responding to texts or emails sent to order support and it's not possble to leave a voice mail. No way I'm not using the grant given how long we waited for approval (I know you all feel my pain!). Shouldn't be this challenging, but then again its Tesla...
Yep. I had a different expectation about tesla services when i visited the fremont factory showroom. Now i know what the reality is. It’s probably gonna stay the same for the next 5 years at least, until they make more profits and can afford to upgrade their customer service.

Yes, I have checked website multiple times today, lol. Application still shows under review. I called CVAP yesterday and spoke with an representative. She said, "still awaiting final approval from supervisor... should be approve hopefully by tomorrow." So I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
Got it. That means we're likely starting to slip into the ~80ish days range for approval.

Maybe Kimmi is referring to the rebate (CVRP) rather than the CVAP?
You are correct sir. Kimi sometimes suffers from brain fade!
This is the email I received;

Dear ****,

Congratulations! Your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) application has been approved for your Tesla Model 3 for $4,500.00.

Para asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con nuestro equipo al 1-866-550-8130.

We typically issue rebate checks within 90 days of application approval. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. Delays beyond normal processing times may occur.

Now that your rebate is approved, will you help us by answering a few questions about your experience purchasing or leasing your EV?

You are correct sir. Kimi sometimes suffers from brain fade!
This is the email I received;

Dear ****,

Congratulations! Your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) application has been approved for your Tesla Model 3 for $4,500.00.

Para asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con nuestro equipo al 1-866-550-8130.

We typically issue rebate checks within 90 days of application approval. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. Delays beyond normal processing times may occur.

Now that your rebate is approved, will you help us by answering a few questions about your experience purchasing or leasing your EV?
nice. did you apply right after you purchased your M3?

Can anyone explain the difference between CVRP and CVAP. The only option I was able to apply for was CVAP. In CA btw if that makes a difference
CVAP is a grant
Can anyone explain the difference between CVRP and CVAP. The only option I was able to apply for was CVAP. In CA btw if that makes a difference
And...CVRP is a rebate. You can apply after you purchasing the vehicle.

Only in CA that you get CVRP, CVAP, and the $1500 clean fuel. The CVRP is a rebate program. You purchase the car then send them the receipt and they give you 4500 rebate. Also you can apply for GRID for charging credit
I’m a little confused I thought that the CVRP program only gave $2,000 per Model 3 ordered, is this different for other parts of California (I’m in Los Angeles)? I’ll attach a screenshot of what the website shows me in case I’m looking at wrong info.
70E90E91-B556-4050-B43C-1B4C964BEEBB.png

I’m a little confused I thought that the CVRP program only gave $2,000 per Model 3 ordered, is this different for other parts of California (I’m in Los Angeles)? I’ll attach a screenshot of what the website shows me in case I’m looking at wrong info.View attachment 643928

There is another additional $2,500 for people who are below the Combined Household Income.

Income Eligibility

Oh wow I had no idea! I just started looking around the website more and saw that I qualify for the extra $2500 so I’m extra happy now, thank you both for clarifying!!!
Check your local utilities as well, you can get a good idea of what is available here Incentive Search | DriveClean, then just look at the qualifications. Some reason it does list the CVRP twice $4,500 and $2,500 for income eligible applicants, but that number is already included in the $4,500