Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not afraid of the delivery, more of the expiration date on the grant itself. I'm thinking if I picked up the car on March 26th, then the grant is no longer valid?

You can always postpone delivery as they said. From my understanding the grant expires on the date of and it looks like it does have to be used by or before that date otherwise it’s no longer valid based on what other people have said. It’s probably best if you do order ahead of time and postpone your delivery until you think that’s best but when you do that there’s no guarantee Tesla will actually have a car for delivery by the exact date your grant expires so that’s just something to watch out for.

Thanks guys. I don't know how Tesla deliveries are after this year (aware of others gonna receive theirs by mid-end of Dec)? Is it going to be another 2-3 months wait after I place the order? I've read somewhere stating certain quarters are only for exports, etc. Thanks everyone once again. Enough of the highjacking!

Thanks guys. I don't know how Tesla deliveries are after this year (aware of others gonna receive theirs by mid-end of Dec)? Is it going to be another 2-3 months wait after I place the order? I've read somewhere stating certain quarters are only for exports, etc. Thanks everyone once again. Enough of the highjacking!

Hello yes from what I was told by my SA all US deliveries happen towards the end of the quarter sadly. Also there is a rumored shut down towards the end of this year/beginning of next at the Fremont factory for 2weeks according to some factory workers I know. Usually most rumors have been quite accurate regarding their work flow, so that may cause some extra delays with deliveries unfortunately.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Hello yes from what I was told by my SA all US deliveries happen towards the end of the quarter sadly. Also there is a rumored shut down towards the end of this year/beginning of next at the Fremont factory for 2weeks according to some factory workers I know. Usually most rumors have been quite accurate regarding their work flow, so that may cause some extra delays with deliveries unfortunately.
Buddy, you've put me into panic mode!

Buddy, you've put me into panic mode!

I am still hopeful deliveries won’t be too delayed if it does end up happening but given their current delays due to COVID and now this I feel like perhaps they may be right especially since they’re being released earlier from their shifts but since you’re planning a March delivery I’m assuming that should be more than fine i would just recommend placing an order ahead of time and delaying delivery if needed

Reactions: c4Lvin
I am still hopeful deliveries won’t be too delayed if it does end up happening but given their current delays due to COVID and now this I feel like perhaps they may be right especially since they’re being released earlier from their shifts but since you’re planning a March delivery I’m assuming that should be more than fine i would just recommend placing an order ahead of time and delaying delivery if needed
Thank you so much for the heads up! What is your current situation?

Applied 9/11
Approved 11/18
M3 ordered 11/19
Packet received 11/20
SA Called 11/20

SA advised to email signed grant packet to apply to Tesla account.

packet emailed 11/20
Tesla Account updated 11/20

DBD01FD3-5042-4355-810B-32E93578309F.jpeg

I'm not afraid of the delivery, more of the expiration date on the grant itself. I'm thinking if I picked up the car on March 26th, then the grant is no longer valid?

My grant expired 18 Nov, and I am still waiting for my M3. I declined a 2020 VIN late October. I re-applied, grant approval for me is likely Jan/Feb, expecting delivery March (end of quarter push for US orders).

The grant must be applied in a Purchase Agreement before expiration. Tesla creates the Purchase Agreement only when a VIN (car) is assigned.

There is this pattern where Tesla cars are built and shipped to overseas orders during first/second months of the quarter. Second month goes to Canada, then last month of quarter is a scramble to deliver US orders. East coast first then West Coast last (to the last hour of the 3rd month of the quarter).

T35l@grlis right. It is better to order your car now and inform your SA that you expect delivery close to end of March before 26th.

Key is to get a VIN assigned, with a Purchase Agreement (grant noted as down payment) before expiration.

Reactions: yaya21 and c4Lvin
My grant expired 18 Nov, and I am still waiting for my M3. I declined a 2020 VIN late October. I re-applied, grant approval for me is likely Jan/Feb, expecting delivery March (end of quarter push for US orders).

The grant must be applied in a Purchase Agreement before expiration. Tesla creates the Purchase Agreement only when a VIN (car) is assigned.

There is this pattern where Tesla cars are built and shipped to overseas orders during first/second months of the quarter. Second month goes to Canada, then last month of quarter is a scramble to deliver US orders. East coast first then West Coast last (to the last hour of the 3rd month of the quarter).

T35l@grlis right. It is better to order your car now and inform your SA that you expect delivery close to end of March before 26th.

Key is to get a VIN assigned, with a Purchase Agreement (grant noted as down payment) before expiration.
Thank you RoBoRaT for all the small details! I will be ordering within these 2 weeks then!

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Man. I really want to get delivery in FEB but it seems impossible. Any tips on ways to get delivery late but not miss it? If I say I'm ready to pick up at the end of DEC do you guys think it will be delayed till end of Jan/ Feb? lol

Man. I really want to get delivery in FEB but it seems impossible. Any tips on ways to get delivery late but not miss it? If I say I'm ready to pick up at the end of DEC do you guys think it will be delayed till end of Jan/ Feb? lol
I was supposed to pick up my MY on November 15 but I delayed delivery, I got a mother VIN assigned for Monday’s delivery, I might have to delay again because I am yet to received my grant approval. They are assigning VINs fast so I wouldn’t be too worried.

Reactions: everydaychris
I emailed SA the signed CVAP packet last Monday, and it still has not applied to my account yet... The SA has been very unresponsive, thinking about maybe call in to let other SA help me update the approval of CVAP. Although I have no further updates about the exact delivery date yet...