Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have been reading this thread and learn a lot of info. I submitted my application since 9/7/20 and got an e-mail say that my application move to final decision on 11/18/20 until now I still not get approval yet.
I saw someone post that they got approval letter 2 weeks after received an e-mail about final decision which my will be 2 weeks on Wed 12/12/20, I am very nervous because I got a VIN assign to my account couple days ago and receive ask me to schedule for pick up car then I told my TA that I still waiting for grant(hopefully I get it by this week) then he said that they can only hold the car for 3 days and today I just receive a text that they just give me the pick up on Dec 2nd at 5 pm.
What should I do? Will I lose $100 order fee? Or how can I delay the delivery? Can I just call them on my delivery date that I can’t make it that day and r/a to another day to save my car?

Maan: when did you order your car? And how is it work if I transfer the VIN to you?

ordered on oct 5. still havenot gotten a vin or anything yet. I think if you tell your SA that you want to transfer the vin to my order number he can do it easily. what car configuration do you have? do you already have an delivery date?

From someone who has gone through it.

For everyone worrying about having them add the grant in way before you take delivery - so it shows up in your acct. with a 5k deduction.

Follow these steps.

1. Get approved and get the letter.
2. Order the car - factor in the 5k grant on your down payment.
3. Get loan approval under the 12% interest min.
4. Wait
5. Wait
6. Get a vin.
7. They will a schedule delivery.
8. They will request a final payment - finish all your car insurance and delivery Appt.
9. Someone from Tesla will call and email/text you looking for payment. Tell them you have cvap.
10. They will apply it in 5 minutes and you can then finish the process of paying minus 5k.

I spent the better part of two months trying to get it to show up in my acct. It would show up then Tesla would edit my acct. VIN added and it would disappear. I would start the process over. I wish I knew it would be so easy to do 12 hours before delivery.

Finally some real information

Applied for grant Oct 9th and ordered Model Y the same day. Today i received a VIN but still no grant approval. Looks like i may have to pass on this one...

Attachments

• 728C17C2-4735-4DC7-A4D4-FAC222E03A30.jpeg
    728C17C2-4735-4DC7-A4D4-FAC222E03A30.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 85
FYI I already have a home fast charger so I asked for 1000$ Evgo credit. I initially asked if Tesla supercharger credits could be feasible and it is not. Car came with adapter for home charger but do you know what is used for evgo fast charger? I applied for grant in June bought car in Sept. grant was set to expire Oct.5.

FYI I already have a home fast charger so I asked for 1000$ Evgo credit. I initially asked if Tesla supercharger credits could be feasible and it is not. Car came with adapter for home charger but do you know what is used for evgo fast charger? I applied for grant in June bought car in Sept. grant was set to expire Oct.5.
EVGO has both J1772 (up to 7.2 kW but often a bit lower) and Chademo/CCS. Chademo is up to 44 or 50 kW, but requires the $450 Tesla adapter. At some charging stations a Tesla adapter is provided, mainly in the Bay area.

What I'd probably do in this case is get a popular home EV charger, and sell it as new on Ebay.

Thanks. They also give a portable 2 charger FAST Level 2, 32 Amp EV Charging station with NEMA 14-50 plug or The Webasto TurboCord Level 1+2 Dual 120/240V. I took the credit and it never expires hopefully more built in adapters will show up.

Received notification email on November 24th regarding our CVAP Grant application stating:

"Your account has been updated and your application has been moved to the final decision stage. There isn’t a set turnaround time at the moment since we have been experiencing delays. At this moment, it can take up to 2-8 weeks to receive a decision".

Can anyone let me know how long it was for them to receive final approval once they received this notice and if they were asked to provide any further support documentation after receiving this notification? When we spoke to a CVAP program associate a couple of weeks back they acknowledged that they were really backlogged and were only now processing application from mid September but had just hired more people to try and catch up. We didn't apply until second week of Nov and although the "final decision stage" has happened pretty quickly, we could be in for a long wait for final approval as late as January 19th if it ends up being two more months from. Thanks!

I was placed on final approval on November 15 and was told 2-3 weeks yesterday. They keep changing their timeframe.

Received notification email on November 24th regarding our CVAP Grant application stating:

"Your account has been updated and your application has been moved to the final decision stage. There isn’t a set turnaround time at the moment since we have been experiencing delays. At this moment, it can take up to 2-8 weeks to receive a decision".

Can anyone let me know how long it was for them to receive final approval once they received this notice and if they were asked to provide any further support documentation after receiving this notification? When we spoke to a CVAP program associate a couple of weeks back they acknowledged that they were really backlogged and were only now processing application from mid September but had just hired more people to try and catch up. We didn't apply until second week of Nov and although the "final decision stage" has happened pretty quickly, we could be in for a long wait for final approval as late as January 19th if it ends up being two more months from. Thanks!

I have yet to be approved, I applied on Sept.30th so hopefully I’ll hear something soon. I’m definitely going to call and check my status since I always email for updates but I never get a response even after a week.

Could be a dumb question but.... Can you still have a cosigner if you use the grant?
I applied 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'm approved around January 15th.

Should I order my tesla now? and just push back the delivery date if the grant isn't approved yet?

I finally got an email response since I wasn’t able to get through with them, but of course it’s the copy and paste response they tend to give. It did say my app is still in line to be reviewed and can take about 75 days average but can still be 3 months

I called them to check the status of my app. The person on the phone told me my app was in the final review stage and was told it normally takes a week or two. 7 days after my call I received notification of approval.

• Informative
Reactions: tbwnm