Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Submitted 12/7

Checked my account today and, approved!

Had to skip a VIN, but confirmed today with my SA that I’m locked in for the SR MY! (New console would be icing on the cake) They also honored the $2k price reduction. Should get my “approval packet” email in a day or so and hopefully have the car by end of the week.

Reactions: Mr X
Glad to see that early December applications are being worked on. Submitted our application on 2/1/21, which means we're not too far off from being reviewed. My guess is mid-late March for movement on our application. When I spoke to them near the beginning of February they were reviewing early November.

Submitted on 12/9, called last Friday 2/19 and I was "close," probably by this Friday or Monday. Still showing as "in process" on the website. It's Tuesday 2/23. Fingers crossed any day now.

I emailed my sales associate and asked for a confirmation that they are actively looking for a car for me. No answer. Will bug him again when this goes through.

QQ - is it better to wait for the approval to come in before ordering, or just place an order now and then provide the SA with the approval packet?

I applied in the first week of January, so I am thinking my approval should come around March 20th.
Order now and tell your SA that you're waiting on the CVAP grant. They should be able to make the necessary notes on your account and give you the best guidance.

new guy here. I had the CVAP before almost 2.5 years ago to buy a used Volt... now i'm ready to make the upgrade to a tesla since you can use the program up to 2 times! All your guys' information is super helpful since the tesla ordering process is so different than a regular dealership.

has anyone tried to order the "off the menu" model Y with standard range? I asked the Tesla Chat and the rep told me they have a very limited number of SR's available and after they sell out they won't make more. I hope that isn't true because my idea was to buy the SR Model Y once i get approved for my second grant.

new guy here. I had the CVAP before almost 2.5 years ago to buy a used Volt... now i'm ready to make the upgrade to a tesla since you can use the program up to 2 times! All your guys' information is super helpful since the tesla ordering process is so different than a regular dealership.

has anyone tried to order the "off the menu" model Y with standard range? I asked the Tesla Chat and the rep told me they have a very limited number of SR's available and after they sell out they won't make more. I hope that isn't true because my idea was to buy the SR Model Y once i get approved for my second grant.

Can't you just buy now and apply and get a check for the rebate later?

I applied 1/6/21

I called today and was told they’re currently working on applications from the end of December, and that mine might be processed in the next week or two

I also called today. I spoke with Benjamin and he didnt give me anything specific on my status. All he mentioned was that they are currently behind and will get to each applicant in the order they were received. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk and was trying to end the call eventhough I had more questions I wanted to ask.

Who did you speak with?

I applied 12/18.

Order now and tell your SA that you're waiting on the CVAP grant. They should be able to make the necessary notes on your account and give you the best guidance.

This is the route we took. SA was made aware on our need to wait for the CVAP grant, and she was already aware of the program and its requirements. Seeing as how the grant can take about 2-3 months for approval and the vehicle would take time as well, it just cuts down the wait time

Just got off the phone with a rep (applied 12/15) my application was denied b/c of my retirement savings (in 2019, the tax year I used to verify income etc for CVAP, had my rollover amount). The rep said if I could provide a 1099-R with the right kind of distribution code on the tax form they would not count the retirement savings that appeared on my tax transcript and re-evaluate my application. Anyway, I just wanted to update this thread to say they are looking at apps around 12/15.