TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Click when Turning Wheel with Turn Signal ON

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iffatall, Mar 10, 2014.

1. iffatall

iffatall Member

Every time I turn the turn indicator on, and begin to turn the steering wheel, I hear a faint click - as if the auto turning off of the indicator upon steering wheel returning to normal position just got engaged. Is this normal?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

3. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

To expand a bit, every car does this to some extent or another, it’s just more audible in a car that’s as silent as the Model S. My ’68 Mustang has absolutely the loudest click you’ve ever heard… (you can even see the turn signal indicator jumping a bit when it clicks).

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've yet to own a car that didn't make that sound.

5. iffatall

iffatall Member

That's cool then. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't only me. Thanks, everyone.

6. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

The sound generated when the turn signal indicator is disengaged and will return to it normal position when not in use( indicating a turn). P.S. sorry to beat the dead horse... :)

7. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

There were also some cars where the steering column was rubbing slightly on an adjacent piece of metal. Tesla put a shim in our car to fix it. Wasn't connected to turn signal for us.