Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read this - crazy and sad all at the same time...
It always seems to come back to the same problem of getting word out to the masses.

Example: I got home yesterday from work to hear my early-20's Vegan stepdaughter (heading for Naturopath school after finishing a science degree - i.e., 'far from stupid') had driven off on a 450km round trip to... sit down for this... GET HER EYELASHES PERMED!

I'm afraid that's what we're up against. I was left completely speechless.

How timely and thanks for posting. I start teaching Sustainability Merit badge for our troop Monday and this will make a perfect lead off video.

Is this their first one? :wink:

the-strip-slide-YM0F-articleLarge.png

Great video. Humble guy paxked with knowledge. Confirms to me again that our only chance now as a species is not only to stop adding CO2 but also to develop technologies to sequester it in a controlled fashion - i.e. To engineer ways of reversing the huge mistake we've done (releasing such large amounts of CO2 in sucha short period of time).

Great speech President Obama just gave on his plan to reduce greenhouse gases. I loved the ending when he did a preemptive attack on opponents to taking action. And his personal story about 1979 LA smog - then talking about the polluted burning river and acid rain -- when at that time the same characters were making the same arguments against taking action who were proven wrong. Then citing Nixon and Bush 1 and the positive environmental changes they made.

"We're the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do anything about it.... There is no plan B." Great quote.

Good speech and good quote. But as we say in Sweden (Canada too?): too much talk, too little hockey.

The US should have just ratified the Kyoto protocol instead of Obama trying to look active toward the end of his second term to leave with a better "legacy".

Great speech President Obama just gave on his plan to reduce greenhouse gases. I loved the ending when he did a preemptive attack on opponents to taking action. And his personal story about 1979 LA smog - then talking about the polluted burning river and acid rain -- when at that time the same characters were making the same arguments against taking action who were proven wrong. Then citing Nixon and Bush 1 and the positive environmental changes they made.

"We're the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do anything about it.... There is no plan B." Great quote.

But what about the administration okaying the Arctic drilling? I don't understand his objectives anymore......playing both sides?

Watching the Obama speech......wow, he really can't say electric vehicle huh? Everything else but that name.....seems too scared. He talks about better MPG, blah blah blah and that this plan won't kill the auto industry.....umm......it better! We better moved to a sustainable transportation system. Really makes me mad because I've voted for him twice. I think he cares, but he can't directly talk about EVs for some reason......Balls to the wall man! You've only got two years left, who cares right? Start bringing up Tesla and the EV market. I want him to publicly shame the other automakers like he did/does with other people and lobbyists that try and stop action.