Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And how about this one.....

A Rockefeller explains: Why I lost faith in Exxon Mobil, and donated my shares - LA Times

I lost faith in Exxon Mobil's future value. A prime reason is that Exxon's valuation is based largely on the immense untapped reserves of oil and gas it owns. And yet if future generations are to inherit a livable world, most of those reserves must stay in the ground.

And this is why the Divestment campaign was started like three years ago because people knew the end game.

And this is why the Divestment campaign was started like three years ago because people knew the end game.
Too bad institutes of higher learning aren't smart enough to do the same...:

UBC Rejects Divestment against of Students and Faculty, Says Campaigner | The Tyee

My best guess is that they've lost too much recently and would like to gamble on a recovery of sorts before selling off.

Or they're just stupid.

Ironically, it's my Alma Mater... unfortunately I have to go with my second suggestion based on my own experiences there... :crying:

Too bad institutes of higher learning aren't smart enough to do the same...:

UBC Rejects Divestment against of Students and Faculty, Says Campaigner | The Tyee

My best guess is that they've lost too much recently and would like to gamble on a recovery of sorts before selling off.

Or they're just stupid.

Ironically, it's my Alma Mater... unfortunately I have to go with my second suggestion based on my own experiences there... :crying:

Well that's sad..... :(

Here is a list of universities that have, some big names in here:

list 1.png

list 2.png

Tell that to all the workers lost their jobs in the oil patch and the coal industry. They can't all work on windmills
Hahahaha. And where did you come from?

Please, it's called being proactive. If they are hearing, seeing, or reading that their industry is dying, they should understand this and look for installation jobs with solar companies.

Technology advancement has changed our way of life several times over, you can't stop it. Dirty energy is over.

Tell that to all the workers lost their jobs in the oil patch and the coal industry. They can't all work on windmills

The future will be a paradise or purgatory... our choice. Work for the sake of work is a fools errand. Doubly so when it's harmful like extracting oil and coal.

Oil and coal workers... your services are no longer required... here's a stipend... go live your life as you see fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Australian geologist Ian Plimer addressing the UK Govt. A lengthy but entertaining discourse on climate change.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/iEPW_P7GVB8

I could get through only the first 1m20s of his so-called discourse before I had to leave him to his dissimulation and outright fabrications. He misrepresents carbon sequestration, he engages in a straw-man fallacy regarding sea level change, he outright lies about the earth's history of temperature and climate change - all within his first eighty seconds.

And as far as telling coalfield, oilfield, etc. workers that their jobs are in peril? Yes, that is the correct course of action. Just as three decades ago Margaret Thatcher was excoriated by the left for standing up to Arthur Scargill and the UK's coal industry - the appropriate thing to do WAS to force those workers out of their jobs; the same is true today - EVEN THOUGH the proximal reasons seem to be far different, they are, in fact, identical: hard, cold economics. It is less expensive for society to catch them in the appropriate safety nets now rather than to let the canker that is the industry they are in to continue. First, because it is beyond time to own up to the true economic cost of same - by internalizing their externalities - and second, because the longer such employment is permitted to continue, the more expensive it is for the next generation, or the next, or the next, to pay that inexorable piper.