Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

climate change - Is Elon too late?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you deny science? Dirt isn't going to raise the ground? Are you EFFING KIDDING?!?! Have you been totally ignoring global, national, local... really any events for the last 5 years?!?! Do you not realize that previous land that was not arable will be become arable?

your naiivity is breathtaking, dangerous and sad
You naivity is breathtaking, dangerous and sad. So is your inability to spell.
The fact that we can observe climate change within a lifetime should ring every possilbe alarm bell.
Yes we can observe climate change and yes it is a good thing. More rain, more fuel for plants, and warming of ice cold regions.

• Disagree
Reactions: dhrivnak
Do you deny science? Dirt isn't going to raise the ground? Are you EFFING KIDDING?!?! Have you been totally ignoring global, national, local... really any events for the last 5 years?!?! Do you not realize that previous land that was not arable will be become arable?

Raising the ground 600M people inhabit is going to require a little more than 'some dirt'... removing water from the ocean would work too... little surprised you didn't recommend that...

How do you expect people to get from areas that are no longer arable to places that have become arable? Have you been living under a rock?

More rain, more fuel for plants, and warming of ice cold regions.

...... lol; I'm out; Can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.... not gonna keep trying to teach math to someone that's 'skeptical' 6 is a number....

Reactions: Unpilot
Raising the ground 600M people inhabit is going to require a little more than 'some dirt'... removing water from the ocean would work too... little surprised you didn't recommend that...
You need to read the dictionary and find the definition of some. Or perhaps you are denying science again. Here let me Google it for you:
some
səm/
determiner
  1. 1.
    an unspecified amount or number of.
How do you expect people to get from areas that are no longer arable to places that have become arable? Have you been living under a rock?
Can they walk? They have 100 years. Have you been living under a rock?

FYI, the group that cannot be named, has around 80% denial of AGW science in America & about 75% in Australia.
It’s no surprise that this group that cannot be named has lower average IQ, education level & higher level of neurological fear, as shown by peer reviewed scientific research.
The group that cannot be named was in the overwhelming minority, of a 2013 analysis of over 13,000 people in the USA that held in PhD in science
In a nutshell, they are more simplistic thinking people & this goes a fair way to explaining the stalling of action on AGW, the world over.

You naivity is breathtaking, dangerous and sad. So is your inability to spell.
Yes we can observe climate change and yes it is a good thing. More rain, more fuel for plants, and warming of ice cold regions.
Positives and negatives of global warming

Will Climate Change Lead To Far Northern Agriculture Bonuses? No. | CleanTechnica

TL : DR
While some land will be made arable, it will be marginal at best. As well, the land made arable will be more than offset by the land made non-arable.

Positives and negatives of global warming

Will Climate Change Lead To Far Northern Agriculture Bonuses? No. | CleanTechnica

TL : DR
While some land will be made arable, it will be marginal at best. As well, the land made arable will be more than offset by the land made non-arable.
CleanTechnica is far from a reputable site. Take for instance this article: Full Fledged 5 Alarm Climate Emergency In Antarctica | CleanTechnica
5 alarm emergency? Really? No. No emergency, much less a maximum emergency. Interesting yes.
For the article you linked: Prairies will face increased threats of drought and flooding. What this is just climate alarmism. Can't figure out which one it is, so lets just spread gloom and doom.

CleanTechnica is far from a reputable site. Take for instance this article: Full Fledged 5 Alarm Climate Emergency In Antarctica | CleanTechnica
5 alarm emergency? Really? No. No emergency, much less a maximum emergency. Interesting yes.
For someone who lives near sea level it is an emergency. So do you also avocate smoking as it is likely years, if ever before the cancer develops. Both my parents died younger than average, and both had cancer that was likely smoking related.

Give us the details. Where do you live? How many feet above sea level is your place? What exactly does near mean? By the way, I suspect I'm closer to the the sea than you. I'm a mile a way and 20 feet above sea level on a bay side, according to: TNM Elevation
At 1200’ above sea level we are safe. My worry is the clowns likely to move here as the projections play out.

Not DanCar. He'll be on his walk up to the promised land in the Artic
I prefer toss the dirt on the ground option, but won't be needed for quite some time. At current trend, by the end of the century, a 1.5 meter rise. Most of us will be long gone by then. Sea level rise - Wikipedia We can give that task to our grandchildren or A.I. overlord.

I expect our A.I. overload to be powerful enough to take desert sand melt it using nuclear and create artificial islands for us. A win win. Get rid of deserts and create highly expensive and sought after ocean front property. :D

We'd be able to do that ourselves if we had more practicalism and less paranoia, but only the paranoid survive.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
I prefer toss the dirt on the ground option, but won't be needed for quite some time. At current trend, by the end of the century, a 1.5 meter rise. Most of us will be long gone by then. Sea level rise - Wikipedia We can give that task to our grandchildren or A.I. overlord.
You appear to be imagining that a 1.5 meter average sea level rise means that the coast 1.5 meters above current sea level is safe.
Do you have children ? That would frankly amaze me, because your attitude (irrespective of the profound ignorance) is much more in keeping with a narcissistic or borderline personality disorder. Think trump.

You appear to be imagining that a 1.5 meter average sea level rise means that the coast 1.5 meters above current sea level is safe.
Do you have children ? That would frankly amaze me, because your attitude (irrespective of the profound ignorance) is much more in keeping with a narcissistic or borderline personality disorder. Think trump.
I have 5 children including two doctors. Do you have children? That would frankly amaze me, because your attitude (irrespective of the profound ignorance) is much more in keeping with a narcissistic or severe personality disorder. Did you forget to take your meds?

• Disagree