Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clipper Creek charger at a Tru hotel

chezedog

Oct 16, 2018
CA
Staying at a very new Tru (by Hilton) hotel, and every time I try to make use of the (clipper creek) charger, the desk personnel must turn it on and off several times before the Model 3 will begin charging. I wonder if their charger is screwy, or the car needs a few minutes to get ready, or what. I have only ever used Tesla chargers before. The chargers themselves look brand new.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Make sure your J1772 adapter is firmly connected to the charger before inserting it into the car. If it’s not properly seated it can seem fussy. Otherwise, they might have issues.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC