Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colasec's Garage: Before/After

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Garage looks nice.

However those vents you had the drywall sub cover up were for the gas hot water heater and likely required per code.

Yeah, I know. We live up in the hills where the Santa Ana winds really blow (near the namesake Santa Ana Canyon, actually); we'll have three or four windstorms each year where it blows >20mph for >12 hours straight, with peaks well over 50mph. Those vents were a fantastic source for dirt, leaves, and lots and lots of dust during the windstorms. If you have any alternate suggestions, I'm all ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... no margin for error... or rush parking with the 150!

Nope, that's why I had to hang the tennis balls and those silly-looking green tape markers.

The garage entrance is parallel with the street so I have to make a clean 90-degree turn to get in straight. Six days with the Model S and I still haven't been able to just pull in and park. Maybe tomorrow I won't have to reverse, correct, and try again. :)

Well done; I'm wondering how you as GC did versus that contractor's quote you received.

But my real question pertains to how I barely could get past that first photograph. I swear to Nikola T that what I saw there was:

a husky emerging from a doghouse and looking at a miniature gorilla, in diapers and holding a dog's head under his right arm.

Anyone else see that????????????

OMG - I totally see that! Very hilarious!

Yeah, I know. We live up in the hills where the Santa Ana winds really blow (near the namesake Santa Ana Canyon, actually); we'll have three or four windstorms each year where it blows >20mph for >12 hours straight, with peaks well over 50mph. Those vents were a fantastic source for dirt, leaves, and lots and lots of dust during the windstorms. If you have any alternate suggestions, I'm all ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, that's why I had to hang the tennis balls and those silly-looking green tape markers.

The garage entrance is parallel with the street so I have to make a clean 90-degree turn to get in straight. Six days with the Model S and I still haven't been able to just pull in and park. Maybe tomorrow I won't have to reverse, correct, and try again. :)

I take off the grate and stuff in a trimmed down central air filter. We have the same problem with summer sandstorms.