Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection at WD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In our case about an hour, but if you've done your homework and know how to set stuff up in the car then it could be less. There's a presentation that takes about ten minutes or so, then you get to go and check your car, set up things how you want them, ask any questions etc, before driving off.

Reactions: spooke66
I collected from West Drayton. Pretty smooth handover. They grouped two sets of pickup times into one demo as there was hardly anyone there. Presentation was 10 mins or so.

I was there for maybe an hour, as wanted to take my time setting the car up etc. They didn't rush me at all, gave all the time I wanted.

My M3 had about 60% charge on collection.

I collected on Sept 30th - last day of Q3. It was crazy busy, but even so I arrived at about 10AM and left before noon - which included a 20min SuC topup. Staff were mostly great, but the handover itself was very rushed. Three of us together with no time to look at the car at all. I used the time at the SuC to give a closer inspection and apart from some minor bumper misalignment the car was pretty well perfect.

I am scheduled to collect at 5pm On Wednesday. What a crappy time? Will be smack in the rush on m4/m40. I read a google review which said the place closes 6pm and the staff want you out asap so can be very rushed. I'm planning on driving to the nearest car park somewhere to have a good play before setting off home.

I am scheduled to collect at 5pm On Wednesday. What a crappy time? Will be smack in the rush on m4/m40. I read a google review which said the place closes 6pm and the staff want you out asap so can be very rushed. I'm planning on driving to the nearest car park somewhere to have a good play before setting off home.

Our original collection time was 10:00,but I asked for this to be slipped back to 12:00 as we couldn't get to WD that early. They set the new time at 12:30, but when we turned up at 11:30 there was no problem at all, the car was ready and we just joined the presentation for the earlier slot.

Might be worth just turning up early on the off-chance. There's refreshments etc there, so if you do have to hang around it's not too bad.

Its't it going to be dark to fully inspect the car unless it is done indoors?:eek:

I picked up at 4pm. There were so few people there that they merged the 4pm and 5pm collection times into one. In total there were about 5-8 cars being collected at that time. So although traffic isn't great (I was 10 mins late but didn't matter), it's possible it won't be that busy in terms of other collections.

Its't it going to be dark to fully inspect the car unless it is done indoors?:eek:
West Drayton is all indoors. It's like a warehouse that's been converted into a delivery hub. Plenty of light inside for inspections.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnRev

The cars are kept inside the delivery centre, which is clean and brightly lit, so no problem for inspection. We got the feeling we could have stayed looking at the car for as long as we wanted, as there was no rush to get us to leave, but that may well be different towards the end of the working day.

• Helpful
For those who have picked up from WD, how long does the handover take?

The last few times I've been there the Supercharger has been full. Worth considering Heathrow Hilton instead if your journey takes you that way (or any other if you have range enough)

In case helpful: Collection FAQ including useful follow up posts. One thing to add (not mentioned there I think) is the windscreen squirters, in case misaligned.

Last edited:
  • Informative
I collected from West Drayton. Pretty smooth handover. They grouped two sets of pickup times into one demo as there was hardly anyone there. Presentation was 10 mins or so.

I was there for maybe an hour, as wanted to take my time setting the car up etc. They didn't rush me at all, gave all the time I wanted.

My M3 had about 60% charge on collection.
What is this presentation of which you and others speak? I collected at the weekend (Birmingham). I didn't get formal a presentation at all. Mind you I was the only one there so maybe he just gave me the same info less formally one to one?