Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection day sanitising

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Virus is easily denatured by heat. When mine comes today i plan a remote heat on hi till its 28/hot as it gets. If i recall correct about 25c kills the thing.
I'm not so sure that's true. Maybe if the surface is 28C, but not the ambient temperature. This virus is everywhere, including places where it is currently hot, like Australia for example.

I am suddenly reminded of the TV series “The Young Ones”
In particular, the episode where Neil has a bad cold and is constantly sneezing inside a bin liner until it explodes.
Watch out for panic buying of bin liners!

I'm not so sure that's true. Maybe if the surface is 28C, but not the ambient temperature. This virus is everywhere, including places where it is currently hot, like Australia for example.

the virus particle is denatured by heat. Australia has hot weather but certainly isn't >28C everywhere on all surfaces. I agree with you though I mean get car HOT DRY heat and get the surfaces internally to max...

that or park it on the drive for 14 days and stare at it.

The Virus is easily denatured by heat. When mine comes today i plan a remote heat on hi till its 28/hot as it gets. If i recall correct about 25c kills the thing.

this has been proven to be fake news - we need to be really careful about what we believe! Think about it - the human body temperature is roughly 36.2-37.2 degrees when healthy, and it thrives in that environment. So much fake news going around that people are swallowing up as fact it’s scary

Ah, handwashing... something to occupy the poor bloody cannon-fodder. Dig the nose-pickings and MRSA and faeces from under your fingernails, slurry it with the general muck on your hands and rinse some away. Then take the remaining dilute solution to the air-driers and create an aerosol to blow back towards all the unsuspecting folk queueing at the stalls. Next time you are at the hand driers look at the floor under them. Bring back paper towel.

As mentioned earlier.. just like the cold war - with a 4 minute warning one had to whitewash the windows, take a door off it's hinges, lean it against a wall and sit under it to protect oneself from fall-out...

And surgeons know that washing their hands is the best they can do, followed by sterile gloves but within 15 minutes the inside of those sterile gloves is a sweaty soup of bacteria up from the pores.

If really worried about your car surfaces then put on some latex gloves, wipe the handles and inside down with damp paper towel so the majority of contaminents can stick to it...bin the paper and the gloves.