Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color-coding locations on the supercharge.info map between V1, V2 and V3 superchargers (versus just a red dot)

tesrella

Aug 3, 2020
Ann Arbor
Hi community, and specifically @corywright,

I wanted to make a suggestion and/or feature request for the visual map on supercharge.info:

Instead of having to manually click on each red supercharger dot to determine if it's a V3, V2, etc. could you change the color coding so that each kW rating had its own distinct color (i.e. V1 are yellow dots, V2 are orange, V3 are red)? It would be a cool feature, I think, and would help visualize what parts of the country are currently being expanded with V3 vs being held up by V2 still.

If the answer isn't a clear yes, or it's a hard no, I might consider making a map like this myself. Would be a cool resume booster, though I'm not too proficient with frontend stuff. Just had a thought!

Reactions: David Sowden

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Instead of having to manually click on each red supercharger dot to determine if it's a V3, V2, etc. could you change the color coding so that each kW rating had its own distinct color (i.e. V1 are yellow dots, V2 are orange, V3 are red)? It would be a cool feature, I think, and would help visualize what parts of the country are currently being expanded with V3 vs being held up by V2 still.

If the answer isn't a clear yes, or it's a hard no, I might consider making a map like this myself. Would be a cool resume booster, though I'm not too proficient with frontend stuff. Just had a thought!

Hi @tesrella,

Development of supercharge.info has been somewhat stagnant for the last year or so, but we are planning to work more on it soon.

There is a 2+ year old thread for this feature request on forum.supercharge.info, where there was a lot of debate about icons and colors:

Request: New Markers to Specify 72 kW (Urban), 150 kW (V2), or 250 kW (V3) Superchargers

I believe @Pluto worked on this a while back. If he still has a branch available with these changes then we may be able to get this deployed soon.

Also, all of the source code for supercharge.info is available on Github.

tesrella

Aug 3, 2020
Ann Arbor
Hi @tesrella,

Development of supercharge.info has been somewhat stagnant for the last year or so, but we are planning to work more on it soon.

There is a 2+ year old thread for this feature request on forum.supercharge.info, where there was a lot of debate about icons and colors:

Request: New Markers to Specify 72 kW (Urban), 150 kW (V2), or 250 kW (V3) Superchargers

I believe @Pluto worked on this a while back. If he still has a branch available with these changes then we may be able to get this deployed soon.

Also, all of the source code for supercharge.info is available on Github.
Woah, meaning I can contribute to this as an open-source? Count me in.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC