Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Preferences - Model S

What color Model S would you like the most?

• Black

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • White

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Silver/Grey

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Electric Blue

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Glacier Blue

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lightning Green

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lipstick Red

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Candy Red

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Very Orange

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I vote for BMW Mora Metallic.

velvetbluebg4.jpg

I once had a BMW E46 Touring with that color. Pictures and words can hardly describe this color with sun / shadows and reflections on it. I was really disappointed BMW didn't offer it anymore for the E91 even on the BMW Individual color palette. Boring 20 shades of grey.

It's possible that this recent article provides an advanced glimpse of the Model S Design Studio.

My Dream Date With A $109,000 Electric Car, The Tesla Roadster

s-in-the-showrooms-let-you-design-your-own-car-tesla-has-18-showrooms-in-the-us-europe-and-tokyo.jpg

I suppose this could be the Roadster Design Studio, but it seems odd that the samples would be mounted around an image of what appears to be the Model S chassis.

Larry

When I saw that "article" I assumed they were standing in front of a current roadster studio in one of their mock shops. The center is just a screen, so it could have easily been changed. Wo knows, guess we'll see.

*edit* the mock wheel on the bottom left definitely looks like the wheel the prototype has been wearing

When I saw that "article" I assumed they were standing in front of a current roadster studio in one of their mock shops. The center is just a screen, so it could have easily been changed. Wo knows, guess we'll see.

*edit* the mock wheel on the bottom left definitely looks like the wheel the prototype has been wearing

Were those colors all available for the Roadster?

I was wondering the same. The red certainly looks like the prototype's red, but I can't be sure through a picture (or sure that some roadsters didn't come in that color as well). The red outline if a car just visible at the top left and right of the picture could be an S, as the rear (left side I assume) looks sort of like a hatch.

I wonder if Tesla's next gift to reservation holders will be a nebulous mold like the ones pictured here. Unless of course, they have model S RC cars produced already ;)

I see the wheels, I see the body, and I see what might be the mirrors. Can anyone identify the other bits and pieces?

*edit* I guess some of that could be interior.. Door placards and such.

Last edited:
Would anyone go with that radioactive green color? I'm not sure that even the Green Lantern could stomach that? On a Roadster maybe. But not on the Model S. With that said I actually would think long and hard about Orange (call me crazy).

I am starting to think that must be the Design Studio for the Model S for a couple reasons:

(1) There does not seem to be an option for the top of the Roadster. There's no way to swap a body colored top for a carbon fiber top.
(2) The plastic pieces look like Model S sedans more than the Roadster.
(3) As was stated earlier (AnOutsider) the wheels look like Model S wheels.
(4) The pieces to the left and right of the computer monitor all fit together to form the interior doors (you can see a completed piece lying underneath the monitor). Thing is that those doors don't look like the Roadster doors and you cannot customize it like that on the Roadster. I went on the online Roadster design studio and it would allow you to pick an insert color and that was it.

And then one final side note, when you look at the Roadster design studio, curiously enough, it shows the word TESLA in the seat with the S in a different color. Could be that those representations are actually for the S. Perhaps we'll see the online Design Studio for the Model S be added to the website shortly.

The red outline if a car just visible at the top left and right of the picture could be an S, as the rear (left side I assume) looks sort of like a hatch.

Here's a photo showing the entire design studio, the red outline is an abstract version of a car, not the Roadster or the Model S, but a vision of Tesla's design theme.
attachment.php

I suppose this could be the Roadster Design Studio, but it seems odd that the samples would be mounted around an image of what appears to be the Model S chassis.

The monitor loops through different images, the image in your photo happened to be of the Model S body in white; however as these photos show, different images can be viewed via the monitor.
attachment.php

ATTACH]

Last edited:
Here's a photo showing the entire design studio, the red outline is an abstract version of a car, not the Roadster or the Model S, but a vision of Tesla's design theme.

attachment.php

The monitor loops through different images, the image in your photo happened to be of the Model S body in white; however as these photos show, different images can be viewed via the monitor.

attachment.php

images no worky

I am trying to understand the odd shapes of colored material they are showing on either side of the monitor.
Are those leather samples of door handles and door backing material?
I know with Roadster you could order the seats in two colors of leather, and a colored accent behind the door handle.
I gather they will offer something similar for Model S, but perhaps with even more possibilities?
In the center, below the monitor, is that a tray where you get to insert your color choices? I wonder if the items on the wall could be removed (magnetic or velcro) and placed in the tray for some sort of tactile experience?
I imagine you either select with a mouse/joystick or insert the pieces to have the screen update the color choices so you can see what your car will look like on the screen.

There is a photo from the following article that shows the items goiing into the tray under the monitor.

My Dream Date With A $109,000 Electric Car, The Tesla Roadster

I am trying to understand the odd shapes of colored material they are showing on either side of the monitor.
Are those leather samples of door handles and door backing material?
I know with Roadster you could order the seats in two colors of leather, and a colored accent behind the door handle.
I gather they will offer something similar for Model S, but perhaps with even more possibilities?
In the center, below the monitor, is that a tray where you get to insert your color choices? I wonder if the items on the wall could be removed (magnetic or velcro) and placed in the tray for some sort of tactile experience?
I imagine you either select with a mouse/joystick or insert the pieces to have the screen update the color choices so you can see what your car will look like on the screen.