Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do they keep the cars prior to delivery? I'm hoping to get to my appointment early and have a look at the car before they even know I'm there. Although, I suppose they probably have them somewhere that isn't accessible to the public.

I think it will depend on what time your delivery is, and when you show up. The lot where they are likely storing most of the cars as they arrive is going to be pretty readily accessible to you. Problem being that you are probably going to have to park elsewhere and walk into the lot, for two reasons. First, lack of parking space. Second, they have people stationed at the parking lot entrance, directing traffic and greeting.

I have read varying reports of up to 38 delivery trucks arriving yesterday. That would indicate well over 200 cars on the lot. A quick calculation of approx 7.5 cars per truck is 285 cars. If you drop that down to 250 just to be conservative and subtract the approx 70 that were supposedly delivered to customers that would leave about 180. However, when I was there on Saturday around 4:00 there were probably at least 40 on the lot that hadn't been delivered yet, and there were trucks rolling in, including one unloading as I was leaving. I have to believe more trucks came in on Sunday. Point to all of this is that there are a lot of cars sitting around, and there is really no place to put them that's not accessible to the public, except in the make ready, service and delivery bays. There are approx 6 delivery bays, although I have heard that they're delivering in a lot of places outside of the bays during the push.

So, if you arrive long enough before your delivery there's a chance your car will still be somewhere that is accessible to you, since it's obvious that they are likely getting cars ready for delivery within an hour or two of their delivery time, at the earliest.

I think it will depend on what time your delivery is, and when you show up. The lot where they are likely storing most of the cars as they arrive is going to be pretty readily accessible to you. Problem being that you are probably going to have to park elsewhere and walk into the lot, for two reasons. First, lack of parking space. Second, they have people stationed at the parking lot entrance, directing traffic and greeting.

I have read varying reports of up to 38 delivery trucks arriving yesterday. That would indicate well over 200 cars on the lot. A quick calculation of approx 7.5 cars per truck is 285 cars. If you drop that down to 250 just to be conservative and subtract the approx 70 that were supposedly delivered to customers that would leave about 180. However, when I was there on Saturday around 4:00 there were probably at least 40 on the lot that hadn't been delivered yet, and there were trucks rolling in, including one unloading as I was leaving. I have to believe more trucks came in on Sunday. Point to all of this is that there are a lot of cars sitting around, and there is really no place to put them that's not accessible to the public, except in the make ready, service and delivery bays. There are approx 6 delivery bays, although I have heard that they're delivering in a lot of places outside of the bays during the push.

So, if you arrive long enough before your delivery there's a chance your car will still be somewhere that is accessible to you, since it's obvious that they are likely getting cars ready for delivery within an hour or two of their delivery time, at the earliest.
Great, thanks for the info.

Ok so I've got a question. My trade in decided to throw a Check Engine light last night. I called the dealer since it's still under warranty. They won't be able to even look at the car until 6 days after I'll have already traded it in to Tesla.

Is this going to push my delivery or will Tesla not care? I know they don't do anything but hand the cars off to another dealer they partner with.

For those wondering yes I already tried clearing the code last night but it came back this morning.

Ok so I've got a question. My trade in decided to throw a Check Engine light last night. I called the dealer since it's still under warranty. They won't be able to even look at the car until 6 days after I'll have already traded it in to Tesla.

Is this going to push my delivery or will Tesla not care? I know they don't do anything but hand the cars off to another dealer they partner with.

For those wondering yes I already tried clearing the code last night but it came back this morning.

I don't have any specific knowledge of how Tesla is handling trade ins when they arrive, because I ended up selling my own car. But based on their lukewarm interest in my extremely clean 2017 BMW they seem like they're just glancing at them and getting through the process as quickly as possible.

Couple of thoughts. First of all, how long did it take for the code to come back? If it took a few minutes maybe you pull into a parking lot down the street and clear the code right before you get to the Tesla dealership. Warranty will still be in effect on the car when their wholesaler gets it.

Second thought, perhaps go by an AutoZone today and have them hook it up to their code reader, or loan you theirs. They provide that service for free. If the code is a simple enough fix (like an inexpensive sensor that can be easily installed, or a defective gas cap) you might want to just buy it, and not have the stress.

Reactions: neroden
Point to all of this is that there are a lot of cars sitting around, and there is really no place to put them that's not accessible to the public, except in the make ready, service and delivery bays
Last month a delivery rep told me they had another holding location in Denver but wouldn't say where it was. I asked if it was the old Evans Rd facility and he said no.
In the big scheme of things, speculating on Tesla's Denver logistics is an exercise in futility. I'm just thrilled to read about how many cars are arriving each day.
I look forward to meeting the rest of you Thursday morning recipients. I'll be the one smiling...

I don't have any specific knowledge of how Tesla is handling trade ins when they arrive, because I ended up selling my own car. But based on their lukewarm interest in my extremely clean 2017 BMW they seem like they're just glancing at them and getting through the process as quickly as possible.

To your first point that is kind of what I figured. The market just isn't there for RWD F-Types in Denver for me to get rid of it privately in a timely manor. Their offer was "good enough" I'd rather not deal with the headache.

Couple of thoughts. First of all, how long did it take for the code to come back? If it took a few minutes maybe you pull into a parking lot down the street and clear the code right before you get to the Tesla dealership. Warranty will still be in effect on the car when their wholesaler gets it.

The code didn't come back until this morning. (Over 12 hours later) I did make a Mobile Mechanic friend who cleared it who could do the same on trade in day. Which I'm considering.

Second thought, perhaps go by an AutoZone today and have them hook it up to their code reader, or loan you theirs. They provide that service for free. If the code is a simple enough fix (like an inexpensive sensor that can be easily installed, or a defective gas cap) you might want to just buy it, and not have the stress.

Yeah I went to AutoZone to read the code last night prior to resetting it. Nothing I could actually fix unfortunately. Knock warning.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

End result is I may just bring it in and see what they say. Worst case is they want to push the delivery until after Jaguar fixes whatever is wrong and I just wait an extra week or two.

So glad I'm getting rid of the Jag. It is pretty, fun to drive, and sounds amazing. However it has spent way more time than any other car I've ever owned in for repairs/work.

Last month a delivery rep told me they had another holding location in Denver but wouldn't say where it was. I asked if it was the old Evans Rd facility and he said no.
In the big scheme of things, speculating on Tesla's Denver logistics is an exercise in futility. I'm just thrilled to read about how many cars are arriving each day.
I look forward to meeting the rest of you Thursday morning recipients. I'll be the one smiling...

When I was at the facility on Saturday I asked if the cars were coming in directly from California, or if there was a holding lot in Denver. The person I asked said there was no holding lot, and that they're coming in direct. But as has been discussed elsewhere, everyone seems to be getting conflicting stories on a lot of "facts."

No. Long time complainer, first time VIN receiver. I called Littleton over the weekend and they told me it was highly unlikely I was going to take delivery this Saturday based on the lack of a VIN.

Well good luck. I've had a VIN since Saturday, with delivery scheduled for Friday. But the lack of communication beyond that, and all of the reschedules I have read about are making me nervous.

Crossing my fingers for both of us.

Well good luck. I've had a VIN since Saturday, with delivery scheduled for Friday. But the lack of communication beyond that, and all of the reschedules I have read about are making me nervous.

Crossing my fingers for both of us.

Yeah, I hope it works out for both of us! Have you tried tracking your VIN on the United Road website yet?

Delivery Receipts - United Road

Nope, it says it's not found.

Assuming you guys are using only the last 8 digits of the VIN? Their website (lower on the page) says to use the last 8 digits. If you put in the whole VIN it will come back as not found.

FWIW I put in my last 8 digits the other day and it came back with a result. But it was for a Chevy Silverado that was delivered to Ponca City, OK last year...

If you didn't use the last 8 digits before try it again with just those. Curious to see if you get any good hits. I suspect that they are using other companies, though.

Assuming you guys are using only the last 8 digits of the VIN? Their website (lower on the page) says to use the last 8 digits. If you put in the whole VIN it will come back as not found.

FWIW I put in my last 8 digits the other day and it came back with a result. But it was for a Chevy Silverado that was delivered to Ponca City, OK last year...

If you didn't use the last 8 digits before try it again with just those. Curious to see if you get any good hits. I suspect that they are using other companies, though.

No results for either the full VIN or the last 8. My buddy picked up his car in Littleton a few weeks ago and his car was trackable with the full VIN a few days before his delivery.