Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally contacted via email by someone in CA to schedule my delivery. From there I've been working with an IA (Inside Advisor) in Vegas. He's been great and extremely responsive. He moved up my delivery, got me my trade-in offer today (after I submitted yesterday), then matched CarMax's offer (which was $400 higher) about an hour later. Then I my VIN populated in my account.

Still waiting on my trade-in offer, submitted the info Saturday afternoon... Sent an email to the guy on the Scheduling Team, but no response yet.

I was originally contacted via email by someone in CA to schedule my delivery. From there I've been working with an IA (Inside Advisor) in Vegas. He's been great and extremely responsive. He moved up my delivery, got me my trade-in offer today (after I submitted yesterday), then matched CarMax's offer (which was $400 higher) about an hour later. Then I my VIN populated in my account.

That's awesome! Congratulations.

Still waiting on my trade-in offer, submitted the info Saturday afternoon... Sent an email to the guy on the Scheduling Team, but no response yet.
Not sure if it helped but I also emailed my IA a payoff letter from Ford Motor Credit. It mentioned they needed to get that so I went ahead and sent it to them hoping it would help. Either that did the trick or my IA is just really good. Or both.

Agree. Too many reports of last minute delivery cancellations, although mostly at sites other than Littleton. It would be upsetting to transfer the money then find out you have no car.
Two years ago I used a personal check to pick up my MX. I called the delivery team at Littleton last week to see if this would still work for my M3 delivery. They said they would reluctantly accept it, but much prefer a cashier's check.
I plan to use the cashier's check on Thursday. I'm waiting for a final Purchase Agreement to get the exact amount, but Plan B is get the cashier's check for slightly under the estimate, and use a personal check for the balance.

My delivery appt. is tomorrow morning. I'm financing roughly half, and I woke up in a cold sweat this morning at 5 am stressing about the money transfer mechanism. So, I contacted my DA this morning to ask about how to pay for this beast, and he recommended that I bring a personal check. Recommended. Seriously. I said to him, hey, I have all this money in an ETrade account and was planning to ACH or wire transfer it to Tesla and just wanted instructions, and he said, no, they have a new policy that just came out and they are now recommending a personal check. So I told him, well, to do that I'll have to wire the money to my local bank anyway since I don't have a checking account with ETrade, and an ACH transfer won't clear for several days, so why don't I just wire the money directly to Tesla instead, and he reiterated - just bring a personal check. So I ended up wiring the money to my local bank (it's there now, ready to go), and I'm going to try calling Littleton in a little while and confirm that they'll take the personal check; worst case, I guess I can get a cashier's check tomorrow morning on my way to Littleton.

I'm in the same boat, waiting on traded-in offer. Rep says they should have it soon. He's pushing to deliver at my workplace vs coming to Littleton for pickup. Meanwhile Tesla emailed a link to schedule my appt. When I click the link it says no appts available. :D

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 5.21.40 PM.png

You could've sent an ACH directly from E-Trade to Tesla when taking delivery.
Yeah, and when I suggested that to the DA, he said, don't do that, bring a personal check. I also called the Littleton center to see if they're OK with a personal check. No answer, voicemailbox full. Tried three times. Oh well, I confirmed with my bank that they have the money, and they have a local branch just a few miles from the Littleton center in case I need to zip over and get a cashier's check. Just cost me an extra $25 to do the wire transfer, but whatever.

I just got "the call" from someone in Littleton. Car hasn't actually arrived in Littleton yet, so my delivery tomorrow AM is off. We're trying again for Wednesday evening with risk that it may have to push to Thursday evening. Thursday evening is really bad for me, so really hoping we get this done Wednesday. He said that after Thursday they're booked solid the rest of the weekend.

I also asked about personal checks. The guy who called from Littleton said, yeah, personal checks are fine, and he said that they've had some small inaccuracies in the numbers from their contracts department, so personal checks are more flexible than a cashier's check if the amount is slightly different than what's expected. Seems like they're doing what they need to do to get those cars out the door this month, and relaxing the payment restrictions is part of it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Post Delivery Questions - for those who recently took possession:
- I noted a handful of minor issues/questions after I got the car home and looked closely. All in all, I am thrilled. I was also told we have 72 hours to report the items, but there is no answer and the mailbox is full at the delivery center. I emailed the list of items to a delivery member there who walked through the vehicle features with me (he was actually the solar energy guy). Any other suggestions for getting the list to them?

- Also, for getting title/registration, I think we wait until TESLA mails a package of documents to us in a month or so; then I take that to DMV. My bank partially financed, but they gave me separate instructions regarding my lien. I'm thinking I hold on to the bak lien info until I get the TESLA package and take them all at once to the DMV. Anyone done this yet?

Thanks!

I went to the Littleton delivery center earlier this evening to settle a few things regarding my 3rd party lender. My appt was Weds @ 1p. They confirmed my car was there and offered to change my appt to tomorrow @ 1p instead. I mentioned that I feel comfortable sending in my ACH tonight then and he said 'yep'. No mention of personal checks. Regarding E*trade ACH, I don't use them, but it might be like my Marcus (Goldman Sachs) account where they will only ACH to other accounts in my name - not other entities, like Tesla. Who knows.
Lastly, he said didn't know the per day delivery numbers but that they have 1,100 3's to deliver this week @ Littleton.

I went to the Littleton delivery center earlier this evening to settle a few things regarding my 3rd party lender. My appt was Weds @ 1p. They confirmed my car was there and offered to change my appt to tomorrow @ 1p instead. I mentioned that I feel comfortable sending in my ACH tonight then and he said 'yep'. No mention of personal checks. Regarding E*trade ACH, I don't use them, but it might be like my Marcus (Goldman Sachs) account where they will only ACH to other accounts in my name - not other entities, like Tesla. Who knows.
Lastly, he said didn't know the per day delivery numbers but that they have 1,100 3's to deliver this week @ Littleton.
Were they crowded when you went? My delivery is set for Friday, which apparently is going to be a madhouse. Wondering if I should stop by tomorrow and see if mine has arrived yet.

Last edited:
Were they crowded when you went? My deliver is set for Friday, which apparently is going to be a madhouse. Wondering if I should stop by tomorrow and see if mine has arrived yet.

Surprisingly, not really. this was around 6p. there were 2 people at the entrance - one of which took my papers and had me park to left near Jaguar and I met him inside. There were <10 customers inside. Could have been because it was a Monday? They're closed Sundays and had lots of inventory arrivals via semi today and maybe didn't schedule many deliveries on Monday as other days? ~70 deliveries is a pretty small slice 1,100...