Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the information on payment from an email I received yesterday.

Payment

Cash Payment If you plan to pay with cash, we accept ACH payment through your account the day before delivery, or cashier's checks made out to "Tesla, Inc." Without quotation marks.

3rd Party Payment If you plan to finance through a 3rd party bank

· Please upload your pre-approval details online.

· Once paperwork is submitted, and shortly before delivery, we will be able to provide you a purchase agreement to send to your lender. They will need the purchase agreement in order to finalize the loan on their end and release funds.

· Note: please be sure all registrants are listed on the loan.

Tesla Lending If you plan to finance through Tesla Lending

· Log into your Tesla and fill out the credit application. You can accept financing online once your application has been reviewed. This typically happens within 48 hours.

Credit cards are not accepted for final payment. Please bring your checkbook

Last edited:
]
Payment

Cash Payment If you plan to pay with cash, we accept ACH payment through your account the day before delivery, or cashier's checks made out to "Tesla, Inc." Without quotation marks.

· Once paperwork is submitted, and shortly before delivery, we will be able to provide you a purchase agreement to send to your lender. They will need the purchase agreement in order to finalize the loan on their end and release funds.

· Log into your Tesla and fill out the credit application. You can accept financing online once your application has been reviewed. This typically happens within 48 hours.

Thanks!

]
Payment

Has your order page updated to let you enter any of that information? I got the same email, but nothing has changed. My backdoor edit URL still works, order page has nowhere to enter any information, ISA says I don't have an VIN. Aside from getting a delivery date assigned it doesn't seem like any of the things other people report happening before they get their cars have happened for me yet.

Has your order page updated to let you enter any of that information? I got the same email, but nothing has changed. My backdoor edit URL still works, order page has nowhere to enter any information, ISA says I don't have an VIN. Aside from getting a delivery date assigned it doesn't seem like any of the things other people report happening before they get their cars have happened for me yet.
Not yet. They will open up the option to pay online once the date gets closer and they finalize the MVPA.

Had gotten no notification yet of my DM/DBM/Black/Aeros order.

Finally decided to go with my initial impulse of when white interior became available, changed interior to white yesterday 12pm.

Call today from Tesla to set up delivery on 09/19 in Littleton.

Go figure.

Third Party Financing. when I talked to my USAA bank today, they said they work with TESLA. They asked me to find out who to make the check out to (I read on this forum, probably Tesla Inc), how Tesla wants it (ACH or bank check), and what address to use. USAA said Tesla uses several addresses, presumably based on delivery location.

Anyone have experience with this in Colorado? Thanks
Dave, I just got off the phone with USAA and Tesla this afternoon in preparation for my delivery on Monday. Apparently, Tesla does not use the Dealer Funding Request form that I have used many times when buying cars on a USAA loan. The USAA Rep also said they do not use the ACH method with Tesla and that they would need to send a physical check via Expedited FedEx. USAA said that they could send an image of the check and Fedex tracking number via email to you or the dealer to confirm that the payment is enroute.

The Tesla rep said that if they get that before my delivery appointment then I could take delivery at my original appointment otherwise they will have to push it until they get confirmation (ie. the physical check or image of the check). The issue I have with that is basically you have to pay in full before you even see the car. What happens if you refuse delivery because of multiple issues with the car? The loan is already funded with that VIN#. I hope the car is fine, but I want to see it first. Worst case, I'll pick it up on Tuesday.

I called Tesla (888) 518-3752) yesterday and a asked as kindly as possible what the status of my order is. The rep said my car is "almost finished with production and you should get a vin and a call in the next week or two", but he also ended with "you are still in the Sept to Nov window for delivery" which I assume was him covering their a$$,

I was a bit skeptical but thanked him for his time since I'm sure they get calls all day from us crazed people waiting for their cars

I have to ask though.. has anyone found these reps info to be accurate? I can't help but wonder if they tell white lies to avoid really upsetting people.

Payment

[snip]

I got that in email too. I thought the last sentence was contrary to the first paragraph. Pay with ACH or cashier's checks.... Or bring your checkbook? So can I write a personal check or not?

I will email or call and ask, but based on everything I've read in these forums I thought they would not take a personal check.

Dave, I just got off the phone with USAA and Tesla this afternoon in preparation for my delivery on Monday. Apparently, Tesla does not use the Dealer Funding Request form that I have used many times when buying cars on a USAA loan. The USAA Rep also said they do not use the ACH method with Tesla and that they would need to send a physical check via Expedited FedEx. USAA said that they could send an image of the check and Fedex tracking number via email to you or the dealer to confirm that the payment is enroute.

The Tesla rep said that if they get that before my delivery appointment then I could take delivery at my original appointment otherwise they will have to push it until they get confirmation (ie. the physical check or image of the check). The issue I have with that is basically you have to pay in full before you even see the car. What happens if you refuse delivery because of multiple issues with the car? The loan is already funded with that VIN#. I hope the car is fine, but I want to see it first. Worst case, I'll pick it up on Tuesday.
Thanks very much - that is very useful info. I too called USAA and arranged financing, though no VIN or delivery advisor contact yet - just a date.

I got that in email too. I thought the last sentence was contrary to the first paragraph. Pay with ACH or cashier's checks.... Or bring your checkbook? So can I write a personal check or not?

I will email or call and ask, but based on everything I've read in these forums I thought they would not take a personal check.
I think they meant to define the final payment with personal check book for financing through a 3rd party or Tesla. Wording or format might be off, who knows though, if they’ll accept the full amount in a personal check I’m sure it’ll make some people pleased.

I had this screenshot for the USAA process if it helps at all..

Attachments

• IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 66

@Rob D : Please let us know what you hear. I have the same question and will try to contact Littleton this week.
I paid for my MX at the old Evans Rd facility with a personal check after inspecting the car. I'd like to know if their policy has changed before my M3 delivery on the 27th.

We had a successful delivery of our blue/white P3D+ yesterday in Littleton. They were having a record delivery day of some 40 cars. In spite of this they were relaxed and friendly and allowed us lots of time to look over our vehicle. The car is beautiful and we love it. Power handling and feel of the road are amazing. So far everything works! There is a lot to learn. Every time I get in I wonder how to start the engine. He he

We had a successful delivery of our blue/white P3D+ yesterday in Littleton. They were having a record delivery day of some 40 cars. In spite of this they were relaxed and friendly and allowed us lots of time to look over our vehicle. The car is beautiful and we love it. Power handling and feel of the road are amazing. So far everything works! There is a lot to learn. Every time I get in I wonder how to start the engine. He he
Congrats! I was at Littleton around 5:30pm last night to see if I could get a look at my car before my pickup tomorrow. I talked to a couple of the delivery guys and they said it was a very busy day. As I was leaving two trucks dropping off Model 3s came in. I did see my car and it was already detailed and ready to go. In fact, one of the delivery guys asked if I wanted to take it right now. I was on my way to the Bruno Mars concert and didn't have my "stuff" with me. I did a quick inspection and externally everything looked really good so I feel confident for a quick delivery tomorrow. A twin MSM/white P3D+ was awaiting pickup. The VIN was only 7 away from mine so definitely in the same batch. Externally it looked good as well. Congrats to that owner also!

Now back to football...

I called Tesla (888) 518-3752) yesterday and a asked as kindly as possible what the status of my order is. The rep said my car is "almost finished with production and you should get a vin and a call in the next week or two", but he also ended with "you are still in the Sept to Nov window for delivery" which I assume was him covering their a$$,

I was a bit skeptical but thanked him for his time since I'm sure they get calls all day from us crazed people waiting for their cars

I have to ask though.. has anyone found these reps info to be accurate? I can't help but wonder if they tell white lies to avoid really upsetting people.

Pretty much everyone you talk to at Tesla will give you a different story about nearly anything you ask about, which is pretty frustrating. All the employees I have talked to are friendly and eager to help, but I think there is a lot of internal confusion going on. At the same time, the situation seems to be improving as they are staffing up and getting used to dealing with the higher production and delivery volume.

There also seems to be a production/delivery bias towards the higher priced vehicles, so fully-loaded Performance plus vehicles are showing up earlier than less expensive vehicles. They were telling me October-December delivery as recently as three weeks ago, which changed to a September 4-11 window about two weeks ago ( I took delivery on September 6).

All I can say is hang in there! It will be worth the wait.

I scheduled my delivery yesterday and the delivery appointment shows up under the “manage my reservation” section of my account.

The delivery coordinator indicated I would receive additional info via email but I never did.

Is there anything I should have received worth worrying about?

Just a quick note. I picked up my car today. No defects that I could notice. Paint, gaps, functionality are what you would expect when buying a car at this price point. I do have a little light headedness after the on-ramp to I-25 heading to Park Meadows for my first Supercharging. Oops...just got notified that charging is complete. More later....