Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined this forum today. I'd been scheduled for delivery in Littleton tomorrow (9/11) for weeks now... only to get a voicemail and email about 3pm today that it must be pushed to 9/22. I'd read about others having this issue, but didn't want to jinx myself. ugh. I'm out of town then so 9/24 it is, hopefully.

AWD, Obsidian Black Metallic, 18" Aero, Black interior, EAP.

On a financing note, I see some of you are using USAA. Their quote to me was .25% higher than Tesla/Chase. Lightstream was .1% higher and though they claim they will beat offers by .1%, they haven't replied to any of my requests to see if they'll beat the Tesla/Chase rate. Seems like a marketing ploy to me. If they can't beat the rate, they just don't reply. Awesome. Also, I accepted the Tesla financing last night in anticipation of delivery tomorrow. I'm about to check out this financing spreadsheet I saw elsewhere in the forums. Maybe I can get a better rate while I wait another 13 days. Hopefully I didn't lock myself in last night... :(

Just a quick note. I picked up my car today. No defects that I could notice. Paint, gaps, functionality are what you would expect when buying a car at this price point. I do have a little light headedness after the on-ramp to I-25 heading to Park Meadows for my first Supercharging. Oops...just got notified that charging is complete. More later....

I found your comment interesting - "paint, gaps, functionality are what you expect .... at this price point. What are your expectations when buyig a car in the $75-80k price range (since you bought the same car as me).

I can tell you my opinion -- after driving BMWs in the $50-70k price range I would expect the P3D+ to be slightly higher or at least equal to those cars.

Reactions: voip-ninja
I found your comment interesting - "paint, gaps, functionality are what you expect .... at this price point. What are your expectations when buyig a car in the $75-80k price range (since you bought the same car as me).

I can tell you my opinion -- after driving BMWs in the $50-70k price range I would expect the P3D+ to be slightly higher or at least equal to those cars.
I've primarily driven Audis and you're right when you pay a premium price and should expect a premium product in fit, finish and performance. I was pleasantly surprised when inspecting my car today expecting to be let down by finding many of the issues other members have posted. If you buy a BMW, Audi, Porsche you expect a very high level of quality. When I bought my Q5 last year I didn't even think to look at the door gaps or paint imperfections, I assumed or expected they would be perfect. I guess with Tesla being relatively new to the auto industry I was willing to give in a little on the fit and finish because the technology and performance are so great. I'm definitely in the honeymoon period and was just happy that I wasn't disappointed with any delivery issues.

I've primarily driven Audis and you're right when you pay a premium price and should expect a premium product in fit, finish and performance. I was pleasantly surprised when inspecting my car today expecting to be let down by finding many of the issues other members have posted. If you buy a BMW, Audi, Porsche you expect a very high level of quality. When I bought my Q5 last year I didn't even think to look at the door gaps or paint imperfections, I assumed or expected they would be perfect. I guess with Tesla being relatively new to the auto industry I was willing to give in a little on the fit and finish because the technology and performance are so great. I'm definitely in the honeymoon period and was just happy that I wasn't disappointed with any delivery issues.

glad your delivery experience went well, i can tell you the service side has been a let down so far.

glad your delivery experience went well, i can tell you the service side has been a let down so far.
Honestly, it can be a hit or miss with them there. The ones I used to work with are all gone. The Service manager there at least puts an effort to make things right and currently there are only a handful of SC Advisors I think can handle to work load and keep a good attitude. Embarrassingly, this is the only car manufacturer that I've actually become one of, "THOSE" customers. Hopefully things get better for all of us.

I picked up my red non-P dual motor Model 3 with white interior and 19 inch wheels this morning at the Littleton location, and everything looks perfect to me. I got there a little early, and they were still detailing the car, but it was ready at my appointment time. I had a great delivery experience.

I was an early day 1 line waiter, ordered on May 23rd and switched to white interior when it became available July 23rd.

Haven't heard this from my Scheduling Adviser yet (last email she was trying to get me scheduled for 9/29), but my Tesla account is now showing a delivery appointment for Friday, 9/28. Date and time shown works great for me. Expecting the email tomorrow. Haven't received a VIN yet. Heard that it usually comes around 2 weeks before delivery (which would be Friday I guess). Waiting on that to finalize financing.

My car was delivered today, and I received an email with the VIN 8 days ago on the 4th. Elon tweeted today that Tesla delivery advisors are running behind due to the number of recent deliveries. My delivery went perfectly today at Littleton. I hope it’s the same for all of you too.

I'm so grateful for those that have posted their advice and experience on this forum and I'm finally ready to add my voice.

Reserved 12/27/17, ordered 6/27/18, delivery expected 9/24 in Littleon. Silver LR3D, premium black, EAP, 19".

Is there a Colorado thread for charger installation? I looked and couldn't find one. I liked Joe with Elevation Electric but haven't shopped around much.

Next, financing. Tesla offered me 3.6% 72 months through US Bank, and USAA offered 3.49% 72 months (800+ credit score, no deposit). I will likely pay off within the year but are there any local Denver area credit unions offering screaming deals at the moment?

I'm pumped to see more Model 3s around town, even though my downtown parking garage EV stalls are already full much of the time.