Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Common way to greet other Model 3 drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I drove a Vette, we would wave at each. It was pretty cool.

No one has ever waved at me in my Tesla. And there are plenty of Teslas here in SD. Although last week I was at Phil's BBQ and a Tesla wrapped in Satin Dark Gray just like mine pulled up and parked next to me. We both jokingly complimented each others car and had a good laugh about it.

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
Corvette drivers often give each other the "V" sign (like a peace sign).

It's tough to give a Tesla driver a "T" sign. Try it.
In American Sign language a T is a fist with your thumb in between the index and middle finger. Actually really easy and kinda cool looking!
I'm used to having my left hand on the wheel at 12 O'clock. When I see a Tesla or recognize another EV, I throw a peace sign. I give a full hand when I see them wave back.
You inspired me to start throwing T's.

Reactions: 1st in Line
Like this:
upload_2019-8-1_10-56-14.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-1_10-55-59.gif
    upload_2019-8-1_10-55-59.gif
    52.8 KB · Views: 28
I've done my best to start a movement that uses an exaggerated "OK" where you make an O with the thumb and first finger, but spread the 3 remaining fingers to emphasize the "3". Does not seem to be catching on. Part of the problem is that while 1.5% of Tesla owners are fun, enthusiastic, Forum members, and have a sense of community, the rest are self absorbed pr|cks who have no situational awareness whatsoever or are too busy texting while (Auto, hopefully) driving.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about this, is that apparently white supremacists have appropriated the sign, so, never mind, don't use it. It's also an important scuba message, so if you're diving, don't think the guy means "White Power." He's asking if you're OK.

I've done my best to start a movement that uses an exaggerated "OK" where you make an O with the thumb and first finger, but spread the 3 remaining fingers to emphasize the "3". Does not seem to be catching on. Part of the problem is that while 1.5% of Tesla owners are fun, enthusiastic, Forum members, and have a sense of community, the rest are self absorbed pr|cks who have no situational awareness whatsoever or are too busy texting while (Auto, hopefully) driving.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about this, is that apparently white supremacists have appropriated the sign, so, never mind, don't use it. It's also an important scuba message, so if you're diving, don't think the guy means "White Power." He's asking if you're OK.
Isn't also sign for a-hole, which based on how some fellow Tesla owners driver, I should flash.