Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Common way to greet other Model 3 drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about E, since it was supposed to be a Model E...

e.gif

I like your thinking and the idea, but any hand symbol runs the danger of being misunderstood by other drivers and could potentially distract people

Please don't do this, I always end up behind some joker cleaning their windshield using the wipers tight after I have finished washing my car.

I might greet you with the finger if you spray your dirty water at me.
You didn't Google Jeep wave yet ... that's the Jeep wave, we can't steal that.

I did so[!], and brianman did write the he uses THREE fingers instead of TWO as shown in the picture and as used by the Jeep drivers.

I have a condition called "trigger finger", and I too would struggle with some of the suggested hand signals.

That is why I thought a discreet wet-wiper-wave is less prone to misinterpretation...

It must be nice to live somewhere where seeing Model 3's is less frequent than the actual need to use wipers (it rains a lot here, I can't wave with my wipers half the time if we have to rely on wipers that are already constantly "waving" :))

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
Very back of window, ok ... still need evidence if it backsprays onto trailing vehicles or not :D
I see fluid on the very back of my window from the wiper spray, so I have to disagree. Of course it's not as bad as other designs.
Try it under 100 MPH!
I noticed that when I stuck my head out of the window going 100 and tears streaked to the back of my ears.

I actually think the fact that white supremacists use the sign should not deter us, as Model 3 drivers misappropriating the sign would mean that as there are more and more of us and far outnumbering the racists, any white supremacist would simply be mistaken as a Model 3 driver. Unlike white supremacists, I think scuba divers are smart enough to realise that hey are not in the water when they see someone fish the sign on the road.

As for your 1.5% figure, I was hoping the that figure would be much much higher...

I was thinking along those lines later myself. We need to re-appropriate it. I can hear the conversation:

WS1: Flashes "White Supremacy" sign
WS2: "Dude, did you get a Tesla?!?" :D

As to the 1.5%... it's my fault, I'm sure. In my life, I've driven Saabs, Volvos, & many others, and found my fellow aficionados to be a real weird bunch. I'm causing it, I think.

Oddly, the only one that didn't elicit this was the 1967 GMC Handi-Van which I lived out of for a while...