Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Communication and UK Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, sorry OP; my fault.
You may have seen it, buy there's a few YouTube videos on the Adaptive headlights.
In it you can see both the old fog light mounted LEDs come on, and the AFS in the top part of the headlamp come on.

From what I understand, any Tesla after Q3 2017 should have the AFS fitted as standard. I'm just waiting on MK to get the new lights in

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Yea, sorry OP; my fault.
You may have seen it, buy there's a few YouTube videos on the Adaptive headlights.
In it you can see both the old fog light mounted LEDs come on, and the AFS in the top part of the headlamp come on.

From what I understand, any Tesla after Q3 2017 should have the AFS fitted as standard. I'm just waiting on MK to get the new lights in

So with apologies again to the OP, but to be clear, any age S with PUP should have the fog and headlight turning LED and newer cars post Q3 17 have them as standard.?

The headlights changed with the facelift, I'm pretty sure pre facelift had an equivalent but the headlights back then were pretty ropey anyway because the xenons had to be low power as they didn't have a headlight wash which the type approval required. LED lights aren't obliged to have the headlamp wash in the same way.

• Informative
Reactions: tkdkenny
The headlights changed with the facelift, I'm pretty sure pre facelift had an equivalent but the headlights back then were pretty ropey anyway because the xenons had to be low power as they didn't have a headlight wash which the type approval required. LED lights aren't obliged to have the headlamp wash in the same way.

Thanks @JonG. So having a facelift and PUP mine should have the fog and headlight "turning" LED's. I'm intrigued as my experience is the additional light seems very low level, suggesting fog lights only. If I do have the headlight LED's they are pretty damn ineffective o_O

Pre-facelift changed many times. In the beginning, there were separate lamps for the turning lamps and the front foglights, and foglights were in the tech options package while cornering lights were standard.. However, the foglights were crap (that's an approximate direct quote from Musk), so they were removed altogether. Some time later, functional foglights were reintroduced; I think they were then part of a different option package (maybe combined with the ambient lighting?). There were probably more changes after that.

Can you test them by standing outside the car, whilst stationary, and having someone else just turn the wheel? (Maybe even "just indicate" eh? :rolleyes: )

The people I’m currently allowed to live with have disappeared to some sort of health farm so I’m home alone. I did have a really clever idea though :D. I reviewed my cctv as I arrived home. Result - inconclusive as the headlights were jolly bright but I couldn’t see any discernible difference other than the fogs. I’m still of the opinion it’s fogs only though.

Guys, I'm sorry I'm writing in your topic.
I'm from Russia, but I have Tesla with the right hand drive.
Can you help me find out the Tesla original part number of the windshield for a car with a right-hand drive?

Tesla S85 2014 gen2 Signature
(with heated wiper zone)

Can you test them by standing outside the car, whilst stationary, and having someone else just turn the wheel? (Maybe even "just indicate" eh? :rolleyes: )

I managed to review some CCTV footage in better light and can confirm that I do have the headlight "turning" LED's as well as the "turning" fog light. In usage terms the LED's are completely ineffective and only the fog lamp adds to the illumination of the area.

@tkdkenny if you don't have them I definitely wouldn't lose a seconds sleep over it.