Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compatible mirror to view rear facing babysit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

James-R10

Model S Plaid 01/01/21 MSM/BlackCF/FSD/21" EU+ M3P
Aug 19, 2017
UK
Due to the style of Tesla headrests, it seems that most mirrors that fit onto headrests to view rese facing baby seats will not work.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Well this thread isn't how i read the title, I thought the title length had exceeded the number of letters allowed - so in my head I read - "Compatible mirror to view rear facing babysitter" - I thought - "What a pervert"
Sorry late night typing errors lol! Can’t find a way to edit the title

Last edited:
infanttech zooby is what we have been using due to the arms fitting perfectly around the headrest. It's more expensive than a plain mirror, but you have night vision, it can be taken anywhere (hotel on a trip for instance) and because it's a stuffy, our little girl loves it.

infanttech zooby is what we have been using due to the arms fitting perfectly around the headrest. It's more expensive than a plain mirror, but you have night vision, it can be taken anywhere (hotel on a trip for instance) and because it's a stuffy, our little girl loves it.
Anyone UK based know if this would be legal (i.e. a video monitor on the windscreen). Expecting our second baby soon and the mirror we managed to get working on the rear middle headrest will only cover one child seat.

Anyone UK based know if this would be legal (i.e. a video monitor on the windscreen). Expecting our second baby soon and the mirror we managed to get working on the rear middle headrest will only cover one child seat.
PXL_20230319_174955404.MP.jpg

Hard to say as it wouldn't seem to have been tested in court. The offense would be 'not being in proper control of a vehicle' under the RTA 1988 which is quoted as being what is used to prosecute people looking at tv/movies while driving, but it would be interesting to see if anyone would agree a baby monitor was the same kind of distraction.

Hard to say as it wouldn't seem to have been tested in court. The offense would be 'not being in proper control of a vehicle' under the RTA 1988 which is quoted as being what is used to prosecute people looking at tv/movies while driving, but it would be interesting to see if anyone would agree a baby monitor was the same kind of distraction.
The display is very reminiscent of add on navigation units of yester-year, and mounted in a similar way to how a phone mount would be today if that helps. In the states it's ok, but I can't speak for over the pond.