Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Competing technologies to BEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Johan, your conspiracy theory is as good as most, but strikes me as sub-optimal because the public already thinks that. I think their audience is regulators. If *I* were in charge of killing AFV's, and I am not, I would go the route of keeping the fuel stations working. That way they can tell the regulatory officials that they honestly did everything they could to support the idea. They don't need to *further* poison the idea, beyond the original sin of designing a H2 fuel vehicle. H2 at it's best won't succeed and they know it. But, I guess this might be even better since Toyota can blame the state government for the failure of 2015, and buy some time to let H2 fail by itself in 2016/2017. Hmmm.

This is the reason I think McDonalds keeps selling salads. I think they really don't want to, and they don't make money, and they don't sell very many. I think it is so when they are inevitably sued they can just say "we try to sell healthy food, but you people don't buy them". Toyota and the other Big ICE cars want to say "we tried making low-range wierdmobiles, but you people don't by them". Its a get-out-of-jail free ploy.

Johan, your conspiracy theory is as good as most, but strikes me as sub-optimal because the public already thinks that. I think their audience is regulators. If *I* were in charge of killing AFV's, and I am not, I would go the route of keeping the fuel stations working. That way they can tell the regulatory officials that they honestly did everything they could to support the idea. They don't need to *further* poison the idea, beyond the original sin of designing a H2 fuel vehicle. H2 at it's best won't succeed and they know it. But, I guess this might be even better since Toyota can blame the state government for the failure of 2015, and buy some time to let H2 fail by itself in 2016/2017. Hmmm.

This is the reason I think McDonalds keeps selling salads. I think they really don't want to, and they don't make money, and they don't sell very many. I think it is so when they are inevitably sued they can just say "we try to sell healthy food, but you people don't buy them". Toyota and the other Big ICE cars want to say "we tried making low-range wierdmobiles, but you people don't by them". Its a get-out-of-jail free ploy.

Yeah maybe you're right, they love the fact that they can share/place the blame for the failure of "green cars" with the regulators.

It's like a boxer taking a fall since that'll pocket him more than a win would have.

At least that we they thought they were in line for, until Tesla came and suddenly turned the clock forward 10 years. Highly unsettling and not at all what they expected.

Don't really know where to put this, but came across some frightening parallel while watching old Kodak ads/commercials...

Jurassic Park 1997:

Jurassic Park 2015

...bad omen, if you ask me...

Last edited by a moderator: