Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completely Disgusted.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why Wait? LOL!
IMG_8927.PNG

I agree with AnxietyRanger. I currently own no Tesla's. I sold my S 70. I have attempted to purchase a replacement vehicle twice in the past 7 months, both times the answers were of low quality or outright false. The HI Tesla blaming WA Tesla. WA Tesla(super eager to claim my sale) knowing my in stock car was sitting and not moving and never calling me. And also telling me this was the case and not knowing that they shouldn't. Pretty tone deaf customer service. Car was almost two months late for an ***in stock***(CA) order. I cancelled, I don't need a 2016 car at full price barely in time for spring 2017.(admittedly other reasons too).

Now I order a car July 6th 2016 and 16 days later an inside sales person indicates in writing what equipment my car will have (in writing) and then 5 days later in the day my electrical outlet is being installed they tell me that the July 22 information is not correct.

I'm not sure why Tesla has such a hard time performing simple tasks like shipping cars or training sales staff, but they do. And when they do, the communication is very slow, and solutions are not forthcoming without pressure.

Currently a Tesla Manager is working on an answer, meanwhile 25 days are burned up come Monday with no progress in getting the car I was expecting per Tesla staff.

Almost any poster on this board could run a company operations better.(tech breakthroughs aside)

I am actually considering finding an instock(post July 22 build) S 75 car in CA and shipping it to HI myself. I have zero confidence in Tesla to do anything basic correctly.

That does suck and I'll admit, sales and company are no where in line with each other.

On a seperate note, if you want I bought my 2017 S 75D. Red. PUP. Sound. White prem interior. Carbon fiber. Sun roof. Only 306 miles, I'll sell that to you without you dealing with tesla. I'll be better CS! Lol

Only reason I would sell now is to get p100

Reactions: Surfer
I agree with AnxietyRanger. I currently own no Tesla's. I sold my S 70. I have attempted to purchase a replacement vehicle twice in the past 7 months, both times the answers were of low quality or outright false. The HI Tesla blaming WA Tesla. WA Tesla(super eager to claim my sale) knowing my in stock car was sitting and not moving and never calling me. And also telling me this was the case and not knowing that they shouldn't. Pretty tone deaf customer service. Car was almost two months late for an ***in stock***(CA) order. I cancelled, I don't need a 2016 car at full price barely in time for spring 2017.(admittedly other reasons too).

Now I order a car July 6th 2016 and 16 days later an inside sales person indicates in writing what equipment my car will have (in writing) and then 5 days later in the day my electrical outlet is being installed they tell me that the July 22 information is not correct.

I'm not sure why Tesla has such a hard time performing simple tasks like shipping cars or training sales staff, but they do. And when they do, the communication is very slow, and solutions are not forthcoming without pressure.

Currently a Tesla Manager is working on an answer, meanwhile 25 days are burned up come Monday with no progress in getting the car I was expecting per Tesla staff.

Almost any poster on this board could run a company operations better.(tech breakthroughs aside)

I am actually considering finding an instock(post July 22 build) S 75 car in CA and shipping it to HI myself. I have zero confidence in Tesla to do anything basic correctly.

I'm not sure if you want advice or if you just want to vent. If it is venting skip the rest of this post.

I think you might hold off purchasing until the anger subsides. Then do what most of us do. Order a new car and pay attention to the website for exactly what you are buying and what it costs. Be aware that someone that orders after you may get something better, but your arrangement is cemented at the time you place your order and it goes final. Refer to the online site anytime you have questions. You won't need to interact with Tesla sales people at all. They'll notify you when your car is ready. Then you go get what you ordered, no sales people, no worries, no drama.

Don't expect upgrades from your order if specs change. If one happens and you benefit, that's fine, but don't expect it.

Then just enjoy the car you ordered.

I was told today that Tesla will not honor ANY of the answers given to me by their inside sales person Preston. (I have a copy of the information given. On the day I have an electrical outlet installed, they tell me no you won't get air suspension, premium package lighting, etc. After Preston told me I would. I have promptly cancelled my order and I am going to cancel my model 3 reservation too. The disorganization of this company is staggering. The Model 3 would have been my 3rd Tesla, but Tesla is way to transactional to take responsibility for what their staff says or does.

Now I have a useless outlet in my garage. Maybe BMW will have something soon.......

I am really done with Tesla.....DONE.

I had a similar response when I placed an order for a 90 and the 100 came out upon order change expiration date. Time heals all things and I've returned to being a fanboy. Configurations are changing fast with 85 likely to come back. Cool off for a month or two and reap the benefits of new enhancements and lower pricing.

From driving on the Big Island, I would think the Bolt would probably be an excellent EV choice. The road speeds are low, parking can be tight, ground clearance can be a 'thing' as can potholes, and the high seating position and stubby nose is good for visibility in heavy rains. Roof rails for a board come with it.

Reactions: Ciaopec
I don't think you'll get a refund of the deposit. Tesla made the car you ordered. They are very specific about how mich the deposit is and that it is forfeited if the order is cancelled. You can complain to the AG if you want but since no law was broken I doubt they will be interested.

Look, you ordered the car. You agreed to the cost and the configuration. Then you found there were newer configurations changes that took effect after your agreement, so you were not entitled. You spoke to someone in the Tesla showroom and that person erroneously told you your configuration would include the new features. That error was subsequently corrected but you want to hold Tesla to the erroneous configuration. Tesla agreed to a discount of $1000 as a goodwill measure. Then you exercised the option to cancel, forfeiting your deposit.

Have I got the story straight?

You can be angry if you want. Lashing out won't help. No one is going to court over a $2500 deposit loss. In my experience a lawyer is going to want a $10,000 retainer and actually going to court generally costs $30,000 or so. It is probably more than that now. You won't win. Tesla is doing exactly what you agreed to.

Anyway it is time to put this behind you. Tesla makes a couple of thousand cars a week. Your order of one car just isn't a major issue for them, you cannot make it a major issue for them. The order is cancelled so it is now a nonissue for them. All you can do is give yourself an ulcer. And $2500 isn't worth an ulcer.

I don't think you'll get a refund of the deposit. Tesla made the car you ordered. They are very specific about how mich the deposit is and that it is forfeited if the order is cancelled. You can complain to the AG if you want but since no law was broken I doubt they will be interested.

Look, you ordered the car. You agreed to the cost and the configuration. Then you found there were newer configurations changes that took effect after your agreement, so you were not entitled. You spoke to someone in the Tesla showroom and that person erroneously told you your configuration would include the new features. That error was subsequently corrected but you want to hold Tesla to the erroneous configuration. Tesla agreed to a discount of $1000 as a goodwill measure. Then you exercised the option to cancel, forfeiting your deposit.

Have I got the story straight?

You can be angry if you want. Lashing out won't help. No one is going to court over a $2500 deposit loss. In my experience a lawyer is going to want a $10,000 retainer and actually going to court generally costs $30,000 or so. It is probably more than that now. You won't win. Tesla is doing exactly what you agreed to.

Anyway it is time to put this behind you. Tesla makes a couple of thousand cars a week. Your order of one car just isn't a major issue for them, you cannot make it a major issue for them. The order is cancelled so it is now a nonissue for them. All you can do is give yourself an ulcer. And $2500 isn't worth an ulcer.

Some other posters believe the deposit is refundable because of the incorrect info. I'm not going to treated like this after the way Tesla handled the other delivery. I am simply out of patience. However I think your opinion is well and politely stated. The customer service has struck a very sour note with me, I'm not letting it go.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdub

Its funny to think that Tesla is run by the same guy who gets tens of thousands of pounds of payloads into space, and then lands a rocket standing up; but can't get a car from point A to point B (sometimes less than 30 miles away) in under 8 weeks. I understand we're talking apples and volkswagens here, but its still mind boggling

I understand that is what the U.S. small claims court is for. Nobody is allowed to bring in a lawyer at the lowest demands level.

Reactions: oktane
I understand that is what the U.S. small claims court is for. Nobody is allowed to bring in a lawyer at the lowest demands level.
regardless of the venue and regardless of who is representing the parties involved it appears to me that the plaintiff against tesla doesn't have the law or facts of the case on his side. that said, once you enter into a trial situation anything can happen.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
company that's "given me a rock solid vehicle" -- funny you missed that part -- in the same sentence where I said I own the stock -

I didn't miss it. If that was your reason to like Tesla, great. I was answering to TSLA stock treating you well altering your behavior/feelings towards them (as I understood your case in part being) and thus causing a conflict of interest.

If I misunderstood you, all good and corrected. I still stand by my general opinion that stock ownership can cause conflicts of interest (why else all the cries of shorts here... ;) ).

You even quoted my post but got it wrong. I didn't "make the order" then they took the discount away. I went to make the order and asked how to get the discount, and he told me he made an error.

The way I understood you was that the discount had been removed after you already had ordered by the deadline.

If you were told of the mistake before the order, then I agree it is less of a problem, though could still be similar "bait and switch" as discount products that run out are used to lure people into more expensive purchases instead.

But read my comment as understood that you had already ordered when Tesla refused to honor it. If it was a misunderstanding, I stand corrected and agree it is much less an issue.

That's some odd logic. I shouldn't do what makes me happy because then Tesla can get away with stuff like this. It reminds me of the person who posted here that he cancelled his order because he failed to get free all-weather mats he was promised. He's your hero but to me he's a fool. This shows exactly where we differ.

Ethical questions often run counter to personal wants. Doing the right thing is easy when there is no cost, doing the right thing is hard when there is a cost.

I don't think you should have cancelled if and when the mistake was corrected before your order. That seems to have been a misunderstanding of the events. Nor do I think one should cancel over mats.

But I do think overall Tesla and its mission benefits from mild pressure that smoothens any problematic parts of their policy and execution. The Model 3 audience may be less forgiving than the early adopters, many of whom are fans and investors.

After all, asking someone to stick to what was said and/or fix it, is not an unreasonable ask when the correction could be made reasonably (allow a re-order without loss of down payment in this case).

regardless of the venue and regardless of who is representing the parties involved it appears to me that the plaintiff against tesla doesn't have the law or facts of the case on his side. that said, once you enter into a trial situation anything can happen.

I do get your point and it is not without merit. Just noting that small claims court apparently greatly reduces risks of litigation.

Right, and now we get "standard" and "long range" batteries on the Model 3 because heaven forbid if the number on our vehicles doesn't exactly match the battery capacity. Fraud! How dare Tesla make a long range EV, change the landscape of the auto industry, give us some hope for our children's future, and I have an 85 on mine instead of an 81! The company should be forced out of business. Please keep it up because you're on a noble crusade for justice for all of us Tesla owners... :rolleyes:

This is the part of your response that I'm having the hardest time grasping. Such an emotional overreach regarding my views.

First, I wish no ill on Tesla and am on record saying I believe Model 3 will succeed.

Second, this is not about 85 vs. 81 kWh. This is about a pattern of behavior by Tesla/Elon that some of us believe is unnecessary, undesireable and unhealthy for the company, the community and the mission.

So yes, IMO it is better to have no HPs, kWhs or Elon's Twitter promises than it is to have inflated ones leading to over-promise and under-deliver.

No promise is better than a bad promise. Given choice, of course good promised would be best. But no promises is better than bad ones.

I don't think there is a federal small claims court. I didn't find one.

He lives in Hawaii. In small claims court, either or both parties can use a lawyer there. I just read their online brochure.

Interestingly, they also allow countersuit. If Tesla incurs expenses due to a baseless suit, they might be able to countersue up to the maximum $40,000 allowed in that court. Not that I think such a thing is likely to happen,