TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Concealed Weapon Placement and Mounting

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Vince Cobelo, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

Do not have a console and from what I have seen with Telsa's and other aftermarkets they wouldn't work anyway.

I am perplexed. I could have a seat cover made with a CC pocket which doesn't make sense to me owning premium leather and sitting on cloth.

The obvious is I could keep it concealed on my body but that is uncomfortable sitting for hours at a time. Glove box...no.

Here in Florida the weapon has to be out of sight. I want it to be readily available.

Any ideas?

2. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

Im going to go out on a limb and say he wants it ready and available to use lethal force if he needs to.

To the OP youll need a custom mount made. Theres plenty of empty space there to think of something slick. Many people have purchased or made custom cupholders for the console. Just buy one and have it modified

3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Velco to the inside of the drivers seat. Cover with a cloth or pouch color matching the seat. Easy to grab with a natural motion, concealed and at the right hand. Could also carry an extra clip or speed loader there too.

4. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Is Palmetto really that dangerous?

6. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#6 FlatSix911, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Tesla hires a lot of Veterans and a former US Army Logistics officer runs the Fremont factory in CA. :cool:

tesla-model-s-p85-ve-5_600x0w.jpg

• Love x 1
  7. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

There is that little pouch in the front of the drivers seat. I've seen some refer to it as a gun pocket. I'd imagine it's too small for that but a modification on that might work.

8. HVM

HVM Savolainen

9. liuping

liuping Active Member

Newer cars don't have the seat pocket anymore. I miss it, it was a great place for sunglasses and misc EV charging cards, etc. It was way to small for a gun though.

10. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

11. kort677

kort677 Active Member

#11 kort677, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    I use a hand sized black towel for camouflage, placing the the gun on the towel in the console area and folding the excess towel over the gun for concealment.
    I hope that you're aware that in FLA the law says that the gun cannot be in plain view.

- - - Updated - - -

is this a serious question? I'll play, a gun is a tool, I assume readily available means that in the event he needs to use his tool for it's intended purpose it is easily accessed.

- - - Updated - - -

the pouch isn't found on newer models

12. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

Thank you for all of the responses whether serious or sarcastic.

Folks that think that I or others that carry a weapon are nuts simply do not understand and I'm not about to educate you on the benefits of self reliance in protecting yourself, family and friends. Palmetto is not a particularly dangerous place but then again I don't just sit in this one little city. I travel to Tampa, Miami and places where it is not nearly so pleasant. Places like New York, Chicago, DC and states where CC is against the law are far more lawless as a result. Its just a fact.

The holsters with clips for the steering column are illegal in Florida because as stated in my OP it has to be out of plain view. The vault solutions are good except they have to be bolted to the floorboard or elsewhere which would be fine except there is no location where that can be done and fit the criteria. I'm going to explore seeing if a compact 9mm will fit in the cubby under the big screen and do a modification adding a drop down door. My everyday that is carried will go into the trunk when driving long distances.

13. JeffS

JeffS Member

I have a small leather box in the bowling alley that holds misc stuff. My gun is at the bottom of that box. 2 nicely folded microfibers and my gloves at the very top. Super simple. Very discrete. Very accessible.

14. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

Could you send me a picture of that box and where you got it? I had that thought and got to looking for something that would fit and look nice.

Maybe I could gut something like this. Amazon.com: Limanated Leather Black Double Layer Internal Mirror Travel Jewelry Box: Jewelry Organizer For Travel: Jewelry

15. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

#15 efusco, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Moderator Note: Multiple posts moved to snippiness.
    The OP is, presumably, has a legal right to concealed carry. His question is topical and relevant to the forum. If you can contribute a response to his question, feel free. If you have personal political views on guns and carry laws you can keep them to yourself or post those opinions in a forum dedicated to those sorts of things.

- - - Updated - - -

The following business is actually just a couple miles down the road from where I live and I have purchased a couple of IWB holsters from them, but they also custom make and sell a couple of options for car carry options:
    Under the Steering Column Holster | Goldstar Holsters
    1357307627980-386083948.jpeg

The "HOT ROD" Center Console Holster | Goldstar Holsters
    IMG_3529-2.jpg

16. Whitmarsh

Whitmarsh Member

Well, I had some fun reading this. I frequently wish I had a way of removing someone from in front of me. But we're not even allowed to own a handgun here, much less carry one.

• Like x 1
  17. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

Whitmarsh...what is right for one country is not necessarily right for another. Circumstances and cultures are different.

See...I think the center console mount is ideal but there isn't a center console with a large enough closeable door for it that I can see. They have that sliding door that just doesn't look big enough. I'm going to the next meet up in my area and have a look at the consoles in real life and see if there is something workable.

The towel in the bowling alley without being contained I'm not comfortable with. I drive like a maniac and don't need a loaded weapon flying around. The container mentioned earlier might be a good temporary solution until a suitable console comes to market.

18. James Anders

James Anders Member

Thank you Moderator.

This too will be something I am interested in when I get my Tesla.

19. linkster

linkster Member

I would think a competent automobile upholstery shop could easily add a custom Kangaroo pouch (similar to the early Ses) to either or both of the front driver or passanger seats.

20. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

@Vince - seems my attempt at light humor was interpreted as snippiness - my apologies.

Thingiverse (a site for 3D printed models) has several holsters and related accessories that may provide additional ideas. The model HERE is an adapter plate for a Glock speedholster and clip (see 2nd photo on page); the site has several other related designs if you wanted to search further. Once you find the right concealed location in the car, perhaps a 3D printed bracket or similar can provide the extra customization to achieve the desired mounting security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.