Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Concerns: Ordering Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!,

I am planning on buying a new Tesla soon. I had been looking at the MY performance but went and test drove MS and really liked the air ride suspension. Sorry if this has been talked about before but my only concern with ordering the MS is that in the next couple years they are going to change the body style or interior.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Thanks

Hello all!,

I am planning on buying a new Tesla soon. I had been looking at the MY performance but went and test drove MS and really liked the air ride suspension. Sorry if this has been talked about before but my only concern with ordering the MS is that in the next couple years they are going to change the body style or interior.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Thanks
Nobody knows when it will change. Basing a purchase decision on the possibility of a change to a Tesla with some definitive date is pure speculation.

Get the car you want now. You won't regret it. The only constant here is that the prices drop quite often.

Reactions: GoCardz
The basic S has been built for many years. It likely will have the best quality overall. I would be cautious in buying any new model or big redesign for at least the first year of production from any manufacturer so the bugs can get worked out. Do you want to wait that long?

The basic S has been built for many years. It likely will have the best quality overall. I would be cautious in buying any new model or big redesign for at least the first year of production from any manufacturer so the bugs can get worked out. Do you want to wait that long?
Not to mention if Elon gets sober and realizes new price was a mistake, price can go up too.

Somewhere there was a very loose rumor/speculation Elon would go spartan on the new model S and it would have a single screen like the MY/MS. So even if there is an update it might not be as desirable to some as the current one. I know for me I just can't get into the single screen setup which is one reason that moved me to the MS.

I just went through all the same thoughts as the OP, and concluded that I still wanted to buy a new LR+. It's like buying a powerful desktop workstation: sure, in a year's time less money will buy more computer, but that is *always* true. The current MS 400 mile range, power, ride, and technology is a great deal today. Who cares what might be available tomorrow - it's always today!

MS is going to receive a refresh before the Y

When it will happen is anyone’s guess.

I moved from an S to a Y because I was sick of the dated interior and battery tech. I do miss the air suspension though.