Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pmich80

Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
I've read in the FAQ on Tesla's website that I should be able to make amendments to my configuration online (within 3 days) but i do not see the option. I configured my car last night (March 27th) but the EAP, although being something i really want, is extremely pricey. I don't think it's within my budget. I'm in Canada and the price of EAP is $7,450 after taxes.

What's the best way to get it amended? Is it still $500 within the 3 day window?

The same applies to the name on the Registration. I only put down my name but i may want to add another name to match the insurance. I've already clicked on "submit" so there's no place to amend it.

I've read in the FAQ on Tesla's website that I should be able to make amendments to my configuration online (within 3 days) but i do not see the option. I configured my car last night (March 27th) but the EAP, although being something i really want, is extremely pricey. I don't think it's within my budget. I'm in Canada and the price of EAP is $7,450 after taxes.

What's the best way to get it amended? Is it still $500 within the 3 day window?

The same applies to the name on the Registration. I only put down my name but i may want to add another name to match the insurance. I've already clicked on "submit" so there's no place to amend it.

The day after I configured I decided I wanted EAP more than the 19” sport wheels in my orig config. I called the Tesla Sales number and changed the config. Though he said it could be subject to the $500 change fee; I pointed out I was with the 3 day window for changes listed in the FAQ. So far my Tesla account doesn’t show any additional fee. I take delivery next week; when I see the final purchase ageement - if it includes the $500 I will try to make them live up to the FAQ. Good luck to you also.