Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think I’ve decided that a model 3 is better for me than a model s. Your thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the now released highland details and videos, seems like it’s worth waiting for. Better interior (IMO), quieter, longer range, better suspension, etc.

But who knows when it’ll be available in the US. Maybe 2024.

Based on the now released highland details and videos, seems like it’s worth waiting for. Better interior (IMO), quieter, longer range, better suspension, etc.

But who knows when it’ll be available in the US. Maybe 2024.
Soon. What have you heard to support your confidence that it's got a better suspension? Or quieter?

With the refreshed Model 3 details being released……..I think the new M3P looks to be 80% of a Plaid but at less than half the price. Very interested in seeing what the refreshed S will look like in ‘24-25.

The highland 3 definitely closed the gap with the Model S, even just in terms of noise and comfort (based on the current youtube reviews). That explains the significant Model S price drop.
The road noise is my biggest complaint with my 2018 Model 3. My 2014 Model S was much quieter.

The highland 3 definitely closed the gap with the Model S, even just in terms of noise and comfort (based on the current youtube reviews). That explains the significant Model S price drop.
The road noise is my biggest complaint with my 2018 Model 3. My 2014 Model S was much quieter.
I assume you are aware of the many threads discussing mitigation of this problem. If you're interested in our own efforts on this trajectory, back Channel me and I can tell you what we've done. We've knocked about 4-5 DB off the road noise levels but some of them was not easy.