Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed - $2000 increase for S60 on Nov 22nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggnykk

Feb 7, 2016
Earth
I am surprised that there isn't a thread on this yet. I got a Tesla newsletter in my email earlier today that say Model S 60 base price will be increased by $2000 on Nov 22nd. I know that there were rumor about this before, but it is official now.

Tesla Update - November 2016:
Price Increase for Model S 60
On November 22, 2016 the base price of Model S 60 will be increasing by $2,000. Now is the time to get behind the wheel of a Tesla for as low as $737/month (details here). The Model S 60 can drive up to 218 miles on a single charge and accelerates from zero to 60 mph in just 5.5 seconds.

Wow...not sure why all the hate from swissmoneychf

But I'm thrilled that I got my S60 in August! Tesla knew how to push my button. I have a Model 3 reserved. After the reservation, they sent me an email to test drive a Model S. The price at the time was a bit more than I wanted to spend...then magically they re-release the S60, and I went for it. Tesla achieved exactly what they wanted - they bumped demand. They seem to know how to tweak the model configurations to get more orders when they need.

For those who are on the fence, I would highly recommend ordering the S60 by Nov 22nd, and then request delivery right before the end of March 2017. That way, you can avoid paying extra $2000 increase, still get the unlimited supercharging, get the $1000 referral discount, and protect yourself against any new improvement that Tesla may come up with between now and March 2017. It is a great combo.

For those who are on the fence, I would highly recommend ordering the S60 by Nov 22nd, and then request delivery right before the end of March 2017. That way, you can avoid paying extra $2000 increase, still get the unlimited supercharging, get the $1000 referral discount, and protect yourself against any new improvement that Tesla may come up with between now and March 2017. It is a great combo.

That's what I was about to say but I'll add "and get the $7500 fed tax credit while you can". It's a win win win win!:)

Reactions: ggnykk
I am on the fence about placing an order, I thought the referral discount was over ??

So after years of waiting I'm jumping on the S60D this week.
Part of my reason
-$2000 price increase
-$7500 rebate will be going away by the time "my" model 3 is delivered.
-thinking $7500 rebate may be canceled for 2017 due to political issues. (Not trying to start a political fight, just stating fact that we have 1 party in control, who has traditionally been anti EV)

So I am thinking delivery ASAP.
Do you have thoughts of what kind of improvement there could be?

FWIW, I am NOT a car guy at all. I'm getting a base 60D with grey paint and subzero package and probably even TEXTILE seats! That's it. So a lot of these fancy baubles don't interest me.

Reactions: ggnykk
But I'm thrilled that I got my S60 in August! Tesla knew how to push my button. I have a Model 3 reserved. After the reservation, they sent me an email to test drive a Model S. The price at the time was a bit more than I wanted to spend...then magically they re-release the S60, and I went for it. Tesla achieved exactly what they wanted - they bumped demand. They seem to know how to tweak the model configurations to get more orders when they need.
Ditto here. I was happy driving my Leaf till the Model 3 was released but they got me with the S60D

Don't be stupid.

Take your own advice. Like it or not, the model S is not a luxury car. That is not the point, that is not why most people buy them. Those that do buy for luxury are sorely disappointed in its appointments relative to similarly priced cars.

Take solice in the fact that what you're buying is more along the lines of a more expensive (and electric) Honda Civic. You can get a base model civics with window cranks, you can get the type R with a souped up motor and fancy seats, and you can get quite few things in between...but they're all really the same car with relatively few changes from version to version.

It sounds like you're buying the type R of teslas. Congrats.

• Disagree
Reactions: Magus
I bought my new tesla model s 60 as a political statement for what I believe in. I just got the base car and have already put 2500 miles on it. I used the Alliant 6 year 1.49% financing and got a $1000 referral off and got the doc fee of $1200 waived.

The car is not a luxury car. I enjoy both the safety and the battery power in the fact I am not burning fossil fuel.

I got the rwd as my understanding is it is a solid drive train that has been proven. And if I need to increase the range from 210 to 249 miles I always have that opportunity which means the full potential is very close to what an 85 kilowatt version could do 4 years ago.

I think the model s 60 is the best deal of the Teslas and if you can get the alliant financing deal that is the way to go. In 4 years I'll make the decision whether to keep the car or trade it in. If I keep it I would opt for the 4 year extended warranty as there are expensive parts like the door handles and screen that could break. Also, now is a great time to buy cause you will get the autopilot 2.0 hardware and will have the free supercharging for life before the $2000 price increase happens.

If you go on long road trips a lot, then I would recommend if you have the funds to get the 90 kilowatt battery.